News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

What file does Plan G require from FSX to update its Data base

Started by mbcans, March 08, 2016, 07:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcans

I think my query is a W10/W7 network problem, but I will ask anyhow.

My System: Plan G is on a W10 system: FSX is on a W7 system, linked in a network.  I can connect Plan G to FSX using FSUIPC. Plan G updates its Data base from a version of FSX:Steam that has only the default data on the W10 system.  FSX on the W7 machine has many sceneries, utilities and aircraft add-ons.
My Problem: I would like to copy whatever files Plan G requires from the FSX version on W7 machine to Plan G on the W10 machine.

From what I have gathered on the internet, W10/W7 do not integrate.  W7/W7 does, W10/W10 does (sometimes!), W7/W10 doesn't!

Microsoft says upgrade to W10 but on the occasion I have, I have had to restore W7 because my Saitek and VRInsight hardware items do not function correctly.

So , this is the reason I would like to manually copy the appropriate files from FSX to allow Plan G to update its Data base.

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

Cheers, John C, Crib Point, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
John Counihan

spokes2112

The complete My Documents\Plan-G Files\Data folder will do it for you.

tim arnot

Install Plan-G on the W7 system AS WELL as on the W10 system. Build the database on the machine containing FSX, then copy the My Documents\Plan-G files folder with all its subfolders across to the other machine.

Don't try building the database across a network - it'll just drive you potty.

Tim. @TimArnot

mbcans

Thank you Tim and 'spokes2112' for your prompt reply.  Job done and all is good now.

Cheers,
John C, Crib Point, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
John Counihan