News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

No MP Traffic with SimConnect

Started by CXA001, December 05, 2009, 11:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CXA001

Hi all,

I have seen posts regarding FSUIPC, but not with Simconnect.

I have Plan-G installed on my secondary PC and connect to FSX via Simconnect. Everything works great except that there is no MP traffic on Vatsim.

I have double & triple checked my settings in the FS Display tab and everything seems fine but no multiplayer traffic. I noticed the issue last night when a bunch of us pilots were flying a VFR event and all aircraft were within 20nm of me (I had the range set 100km).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

VATSIM: P2 | I1

tim arnot

Some others have reported the same thing, and I'm still waiting for logging from them to see what the problem is. Please bear with us - hopefully we'll have a resolution soon.

Tim. @TimArnot

CXA001

Not a problem.  :)

So far, I love this application.  ;D

frankturley

I had exactly the same problem with the IVAO network and SimConnect.

I found that switching to connect via FSUIPC gets the traffic.

Frank.

CXA001

In order to do that it would require registering FSUIPC and getting WideServer, which I am not sure everyone has. Simconnect on the other hand is widely used and is included with FSX.  :)

frankturley

It works with the free version

Frank

CXA001

Quote from: frankturley on December 10, 2009, 08:37:57 PM
It works with the free version
Even if I am running Plan-G on a second PC?

tim arnot

There is no free version of WideFS (which is what you need to network FSUIPC) for FSX

In general though, Simconnect is the preferred connection method, since FSUIPC has a degree of lagginess built into it, particularly when it comes to traffic and weather.

Tim. @TimArnot

CXA001

Quote from: tim arnot on December 06, 2009, 01:49:01 AM
Some others have reported the same thing, and I'm still waiting for logging from them to see what the problem is. Please bear with us - hopefully we'll have a resolution soon.

Has this been resolved in the v0.9 release?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

CXA001

Excellent!  ;D

I will certainly be upgrading as this issue as been preventing me from fully utilizing Plan-G.

ja1977

Hi!

I am running version 0.9.0.409 and I don't seen all the traffic from Vatsim. Some is being shown but I can see from vat spy that not everything is being shown at Plan-g.

I am connected using SimConnect.

Any advice or others that still have this problem in v0.9?

Cheers
Jesper

tim arnot

VATSIM clients only show traffic within a 10 mile radius, so VATSPY will almost always have more traffic than Plan-G (or FS)

Tim. @TimArnot

ja1977

Ahhh... Sorry Tim my bad...
I had not figured that out my self :-)...

Thanks for the great support and thanks for a great program :-)

BR
Jesper