News:

Main Menu

Flightplans import from FSCommander

Started by romair, March 28, 2016, 08:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romair

Dear Sirs

Plan-G is an excellent moving map. I like to import flightplans made with FSCommander.  The only problem is, that some waypoints made with FSC are on wrong coordinates some where in the world map after importing into Plan-G.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6yvsm9kker9c9z/AAAUbZSOxiW4E2fSKaxJRvoDa?dl=0

Can you pls. investigate the problem ? Do I need to adapt a Navigraph FMS data?

Hope for your response.

with regards Roger

tim arnot

It looks like FSCommander is using data not available in the default FSX or your installed add ons.

Plan-G doesn't directly support Navigraph, but if you install Navigraph data for X-Plane, you can get to it that way. (You'll need to create a folder with a file called "X-Plane.exe" in it so the installer knows where to put the data. Then when it's done, build an X-Plane database, et voila. Don't worry that you're running FSX - Plan-G is sim-agnostic for everything apart from building databases)

Tim. @TimArnot

romair

Thanks for your proper advise.  I would need to purchase a single FMS data package only for this action which is only valid for one year.
It is not very economical if you are not operating X-Plane. I do have to pay much money for all FMS updates for all my other addons in order to be up to date.
For my use it is much easy and fast just to eliminate waypoints from the G-Plan if they are not on the flightplan where they should be.
Based on my experience on each flight plan made bei FSC and imported into G-Plan only one way Point have to be deleated.

regards Roger

dawgfan58

I've made a folder on my desktop called xplane. I put a notepad file named X-Plane.exe I pointed navigraph installer to that folder, but plan-g just says that is preparing the database, endlessly.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

dawgfan58

I've solved the issue. I forgot I bought xplane 10 a while back, so I just installed xplane 10, and pointed navigraph to it. I was able to build the database in Plan-G. I'm good now. Thanks.