News:

Main Menu

2nd Monitor just for Plan-G questions?

Started by Wigwag, December 06, 2009, 05:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom

Thanks for your input Frank - have already checked the contacts and used contact cleaner. Have actually replaced the DVI cable with a brand newey.

Thus far I haven't ventured inside the box - whilst having been in there a few times for cleanups etc, I'm a tad hesitant about reseating the GPU .... but I guess that'll have to be done soon, if a solution is not forthcoming.  I absolutely hate these "intermittent" problems.

Cheers.
Cheers

MarkH

I'd look for power-saving options in Windows and possibly the BIOS, and try fiddling or turning them off.
MarkH

tom

Thanks for the suggestion Mark.

My system has an 850W power supply, which is hugely in excess of its needs, and I am running on "high performance" (maximum) power setting.

I'm a bit hesitant about muckin' about with the power settings in the BIOS without guidance, though am comfortable enough if setting advice were available.  I'll hang in there and see if I can pick up any more clues.

This is a problem that has just surfaced, as I have only had the primary monitor in use since the birth of the system.

Cheers
Cheers