News:

Main Menu

DB size limit?

Started by sky one, April 19, 2016, 09:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky one

Hello all,
a friend of mine has a lot of custom sceneries (using X-Plane) and Plan-G crashes when is started after the DB generation. In the log file there's this error:
Quote15:41:13.8 AirportCountries: System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException: Errore durante la lettura dal lettore dati del provider dell'archivio. Per ulteriori informazioni, vedere l'eccezione interna. ---> System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]
   in System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
   in System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.IsEndOfRowset(Int32 hr)
   in System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.Move(DIRECTION direction)
   in System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.Read()
   in System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.StoreRead()
   --- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
   in System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.StoreRead()
   in System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.SimpleEnumerator.MoveNext()
   in System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   in System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   in Plan_G3.Data.FSData.AirportCountries()

It seems (to me) that the DB has a maximum size (257 MB): is it correct? May it be changed by the user?

Thanks
Ciao
Cristiano

PS: Tim, any news about the updated Italian manual release?
X-plane user

tim arnot

I wasn't aware there was a limit, and no idea how to change it, sorry. But even so, 257MB is way bigger than any nav database should be.

Just done a quick google: seems it can only be changed in code. I've only just taken delivery of a replacement PC, it'll be a while yet before I'm back up and running (I've not had access to a Windows PC since last year, when my old one died)

Remind me of the state of the Italian manual - did you send me an update? I remember it was discussed, and I think I asked Peter to send you some files?

Tim. @TimArnot

sky one

Thanks for the answer: we'll wait your new PC.

About the manual: I sent the translation to Peter (about a year ago) and it just must be layed out (correcting some Word's reference between the pictures and their caption) before converting it in PDF format.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

tim arnot

Okay, I'll chase Peter. I know he moved house a while back, so maybe it just needs pushing up his list of priorities!

Tim. @TimArnot