News:

Main Menu

Updating from National Flight Data Center

Started by maajr57, May 17, 2016, 06:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maajr57

First I'd like to say that Plan-G is an impressive piece of work! Brilliant!

I am new to flight simming but I would like to make a few suggestions. As someone who is using flight simming to train for real world flying, there is much conflicting info in the various sims and real world data and I think you are on to something even bigger.  I would like to see Plan-G as a bridge to compile and update the sim databases with current info from the original sources: FAA for the USA. You can obviously extract the necessary data from the sims. Can you recreate corrected and updated database files to send back to the sims? I have copied link below as sample from FAA. Sorry but not familiar with the rest of the world's agencies.

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/Aero_Data/

Maybe also add a help button that links to and opens the manual.

Keep up the good work Tim!

tim arnot

X-Plane you can -- just download the latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph (at a cost), and Plan-G will read it.

FSX / FS9 / P3D are not designed for wholesale updating, although some have tried. Even if it worked, it's a moveable feast and probably a thankless (and expensive) task.

You can already open the manual directly from the help menu ;)

Tim. @TimArnot

maajr57

Sorry Tim but I'm not getting it. What am I missing? If I update from Navigraph, Plan-G will read it but how does that help if I'm using ancient data in P3D. That's similar to what I'm doing now, looking at real world maps on SkyVector, and flying with the ancient or fictitious data in the sims. With Plan-G, I at least have a map that corresponds with the data in whichever sim I'm using. It also sounds like I can get the most current data from Navigraph for X-Plane. But I just spent money to buy P3D with scenery and now have to deal with ancient crap for data!!!  >:(

I found HELP and the manual. Would be easier to find better on a tab next to view. Maybe save you some tech support work.  ;)

Thank you again for Plan -G and your help.

Mike Angelo