News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Cannot connect to X-Plane 10

Started by Skyhawk_Kid, May 18, 2016, 10:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyhawk_Kid

Hi

Scenario 1
I am running X-Plane 10 on one PC and using a second PC to run Plan-G.  I have put the XPUIPC folder (and files) in the Plugins folder on the PC running X-Plane.

On the PC running Plan-G I have set the PC(running Plan-G) and Server (running X-Plane) IP addressees into XPWideClient.ini

When I run XPWideClient the read-out on the screen shows I am receiving UDP packets from the server.

When I now run Plan-G and hit the connect button I get nothing.

Scenario 2
However, if I run a 2nd copy of X-Plane on the same PC as Plan-G and have the 2nd copy networked off the server PC then Plan-G works. In this instance I am not running XPWideClient and Plan-G gets it data from plug-in on the monitor PC

Anybody know why I can't get Scenario 1 to work

Thanks in advance

tim arnot

The Plan-G log should tell you if it's establishing the connection to XPWideClient

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyhawk_Kid

Ok tks I found that file.  It tells me that FSUIPC/XPUIPC is not running. However I am running XPWideClient and it still shows UDP = 42 per/sec from 192.168.1.100

Doesn't this mean that I am getting data on the Plan-G computer from the server?

tim arnot

Are you running as Administrator? If one of you is as administrator and the other is not, you will not be able to connect.

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyhawk_Kid

Both PCs are logged in as Adminstrators.

Should I try starting X-Plane with Run As Administrator command on one PC and start with RunAsAdministratotr for XPWideClient and Plan-G on the other PC

tim arnot

Yes, it's not what you're logged in as, it the security clearance you give the programs themselves.

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyhawk_Kid

Nope that didnt work.  Checking XPUIPC settings from within X-Plane tells me that there is no Client connected. I think I need to see if any UDP packets are being sent out from X-Plane. WireShark may help

Skyhawk_Kid

Ok I've solved it.  My Windows firewalls were preventing X-Plane master from receiving UDP packet returns.

Thanks for those that responded to this post