News:

Main Menu

I seem to be missing data

Started by Skyhawk_Kid, May 31, 2016, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyhawk_Kid

Hi All,

We'll finally after getting network issues sorted out I now think I have database problems.

I am running X-Plane 10 on one Windows 7 PC and Plan-G on a second Windows 7 PC.  Because the Plan-G PC is a bit old and slow I created the Plan-G database on the X-Plane PC and then copied it across.

When I view the map data I cannot see any of the navigational aids that should be there.  I can also not get any of the airport diagrams to show and only partial information in the Information window is shown. That is navigational and frequency data is not displayed.

When I created the database is took a heck of a long time (hours).  The database build appeared to stall at the Write Airports part but a check of the log (attached) showed that the build was still processing. Oh and the reason the log time stops at 06:58 is because I had left it running all night and 06:58 am was when I closed the Update window

Any ideas/solutions

EDIT: I've only got scenary loaded for NZAR, NZAA and NZWN - would that make a difference?

Thanks
Rick

tim arnot

There's a fix for that - you need to be running the latest 3.1.3 (you have 3.1.2)

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyhawk_Kid

Brillant - all up and running - thanks for that. :)

Just a couple of errors in the log

Quote20:04:33.5 Error processing earth_nav.dat.: 6  28.27461100  068.45741900    185        10  300327.389 MCCT OPJA 33  GS
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Single.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
   at Plan_G3.Data.XPlaneDB.readNavaids()
20:04:33.5 Error processing earth_nav.dat.: 6  22.74861100  121.09566700    143        10  300038.513 MFNN RCFN 04  GS
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
20:04:33.5 Error processing earth_nav.dat.: 6  24.01447200  121.61319400     52        10  320026.187  RCYU 03  GS

Presume these are X-Plane errors.  Any idea on fixing this or is this a question for the X-Plane forums

Again thanks for help

tim arnot

I'd have to investigate those errors further. If I get a chance over the weekend, I'll take a look.

Tim. @TimArnot