News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Problems with MapQuest

Started by fontenele, July 11, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonewolfee1

Quote from: spokes2112 on July 21, 2016, 08:01:28 PM
As long as you're using v3.1 why not take a look at MapBox? Create an account there then create a couple of maps. Plenty of excellent datasets to choose from. Once your maps are created MapBox will give you a token for each created map you made, enter that token in Plan-G|Options|Map Provider & activate.  It's FREE! for up to 50K maps per month. I never got over 1000 / month in the past years using this.  I have got 7 different custom maps to choose from depending on the flight type. Well worth a look!

I am having a hard time figuring out mapbox.  I have created a map but don't see where it gives me a token other than my default token.  Any help would be appreciated. 

spokes2112

Once you have saved your map it will be located in "projects" with a token of something like "username.xyz123abc" in the projects listing.
https://www.mapbox.com/studio/classic/projects/

I must admit their site is a little difficult to nav around.

Vector226

I am wondering how I lost my flight plan page. I click the button and all that happens is the main border changes from white to gold. I can't get to my page to create a flight plan. I've uninstalled and reloaded it but it doesn't fix the problem. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

tim arnot

If you're talking about the popup window, it's probably because you had a bigger screen or second monitor at some point. Either reconnect the second monitor and drag the window back to the safe area, or delete the config file and let Plan-G build a new one.

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

Quote from: marc2990 on July 12, 2016, 12:27:35 PM
Indeed, we can switch to OpenStreetMap or OpenCycleMap; the first shows us the streets, the second the terrain. But for VFR flying with a moving map, it is very convenient to have a combination of both, like with Mapquest OSM. Anyone knows whether or how such a combination can be created?
Cheers
Agree with author marc2990 up to a certain date/.time as of recently I could not get any map of the possible choices in Plan-G except the last one OpenCycleMap. OK for terrain but no use as for following a route via roads etc. or finding road/roads to get to your drestination in VFR situations.
Why don't we all (Plan-G) users agree to paying for the Software like we all do for good FSIM programs like Fltsim Commander for instance. It helps the Author and
makes us the users happy
Cheers and Happy Flying
Richard
G'day from Down Under

JoHubb

Why don't we all (Plan-G) users agree to paying for the Software like we all do for good FSIM programs like Fltsim Commander for instance. It helps the Author and
makes us the users happy

+1

Tim needs to get on with it. There is competition afoot. 

Tight Git

Quote from: JoHubb on October 17, 2016, 02:44:42 PM
makes us the users happy

Yes, indeed.

Despite my user name, I'd be very happy to pay any reasonable amount for this wonderful software.  :)

daveebee

Hi, Here is a strange problem,I use Plan-G VER.3.1.3.113 using OPEN CYCLE MAP without any problems, however my brother using the same version of PLAN-G cannot get a map (unadulterated by messages) from any of the 4 options although he could use OPEN CYCLE MAP before. Is this option no longer aivailable?

tim arnot

It should still be available.

Good news is, 3.1.4 is nearly ready for test . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

bvl

I like this message, Tim :-)

Thanks a lot!

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot