News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G + X-Plane: Differences in Database? ! SOLVED !

Started by Haddock, July 15, 2016, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddock

Hello,

it belongs to SEQM - Quito Mariscal Sucre Intl Airport, Bolivia:

- Plan-G3 is showing datas and symbols of ILS for both runways 18/36
- X-Plane 10.45 didn't show any ILS runway, gives no datas and also an ILS approach didn't work.

In SEQU it is vice versa (less than 10 nm west of SEQM):

- Plan-G did not showing an ILS runway
- X-Plane is showing datas and symbols for an ILS runway.

The cruel thing is that Plan-G's database is based on X-Plane's database. In detail: X-Plane is up to date, and Plan-G's database is new generated from this X-Plane installation.

Any idea?

FlyingAxx

Quote from: Haddock on July 15, 2016, 07:01:47 PM
Hello,

it belongs to SEQM - Quito Mariscal Sucre Intl Airport, Bolivia:

- Plan-G3 is showing datas and symbols of ILS for both runways 18/36
- X-Plane 10.45 didn't show any ILS runway, gives no datas and also an ILS approach didn't work.

In SEQU it is vice versa (less than 10 nm west of SEQM):

- Plan-G did not showing an ILS runway
- X-Plane is showing datas and symbols for an ILS runway.

The cruel thing is that Plan-G's database is based on X-Plane's database. In detail: X-Plane is up to date, and Plan-G's database is new generated from this X-Plane installation.

Any idea?

I don't know too much about X-Plane. However, correct is a full size airport at SEQM with ILS at both runways and a disabled and dismantled airport with the former ICAO identifier SEQU. Actually, it's a city park now. I don't know what add-ons or updates you are using, but for FSX I can tell you that SEQM wasn't there when it was was published. To bring it alive you needed at least to install a functioning AFCAD.

For X-Plane I don't know how it's done there, but I suppose that you would need any add-on here as well in order to show the new Quito airport. Obviously it's not present or something else is not working correctly. Your statement that X-Plane is showing the today's state is definitely wrong. SEQM is not existing anymore. Plan-G seems to know it better - for unknown reasons.
Regards,
Axel

Haddock

Thank you for these informations, Axel.

First, regardless of the source of these failures the main question is, why the contents of both databases are different, and why Plane-G is knowing it better? It takes its contents from X-Plane's database, so if it is wrong in X-Plane's database it should be wrong in Plane-G, too...?!

Second: Is this behavior reproducable on other users of X-Plane 10.45?

Third and last:
I'm using the "new Quito Mariscal Sucre Airport 1.2" add-on, but even with or without this add-on (deactivated or deinstalled, I tried both) the ILS nav-aids are missing. Also I was flushing the hole "apt.dat" file which is announced here (https://gateway.x-plane.com/NOTAMs), and at last I was running the X-Plane updater. And not to forget, after all I was rebuilding the database of Plan-G. So if something is wrong here I don't not what it can be...

tim arnot

The ILS must be in the X-Plane data or Plan-G wouldn't know about it (assuming you have the X-Plane data set selected in Plan-G?)

I'll look at the new apt.dat and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Tim. @TimArnot

Haddock

I solved my problem.

X-Plane is stored its Nav Datas on two locations:

Location #1:
...\X-Plane10\Resources\default data\
(In this folder all files are hold up-to-date by the X-Plane updater acc readme file)

Location #2:
...\X-Plane10\Custom Data\
(Never updated by the updater acc. readme file)

It seems that Plan-G was generating its database out of the datas from location #1, while my X-Plane was using the out-of-date datas from location #2. That's because the only thing I did was to copy (!) the four nav data files from location #1 to location #2, replacing the existing file there. And voila, after that X-Plane is showing the things correctly:

- SEQM has now two ILS runways
- SEQU is disappeared

For a close-up I was new generating Plan-G's database, not only re-generating. The result was a light raise up of the file size, and Plan-G is always showing SEQU but with a big "X" in brackets in front of the name.

Also I was able to repair the missing ATIS announcment in the SEQM airport add-on. The author was missing a row in the apt.dat file...

That was a successfully afternoon. ;-)