News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G 3.1.3: Weather Informations from X-Plane 10.45 ?

Started by Haddock, August 21, 2016, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddock

Hello!

Can Plan-G get the weather informations from X-Plane, only?

I'm not able to configure it in this way, eather local on the PC with X-Plane running or from a networked PC.  But I didn't find informations in the manual or here in this board if it should generally work with X-Plane or not. (Maybe I'm blind then please show me the light.)

If the NWS option is checked, Plan-G is loading the METAR datas from the airports listed in the flight plan via Internet. Unchecking NWS and choosing both other options in the "If connected with FS" marking is resulting in empty fields of the weather window in Plan-G.

Plan-G is running fine on a 2nd PC connected via XPwideClient and XPUIPC, but the options to get the weather information from X-Plane only isn't working, eather networked nor on the local PC. Did I miss something to configure?

I'll send the local log file as attachment.

Thanks in advance
Haddock

tim arnot

I don't think X-Plane provides weather information, so you're limited to the RW 'live' weather.

Tim. @TimArnot

Haddock

Thanks for this statement, Tim. Maybe something for the next manual revision?! ;-)

The answer is not what I was hoping for but now I know that it isn't a misconfiguration. Independently of that Plan-G is a great program.

Keep on going!

Haddock