News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Open Street Map not working today

Started by akmatov, August 27, 2016, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenashy

The cycle one is working, but it's lame.  Anyway to add some dev options or something to use our own Google Maps API key locally?

JoHubb

Sadly, only the cycle map is left.  The mapbox versions are better than nothing but any I've tried lack topographical details.

Hopefully Tim will find time to sort this. If it has to be a payware bolt-on then some of us might wish to pay, depending... :-\

John

akmatov

unless there is some way to link with Google Maps, Plan-G for free seems doomed.  Would consider a modest monthly charge if necessary.

thenashy

There should be a way to add your own GMaps API key.  Hell, I'm pretty sure Gmaps works without an API key over a local network.

tim arnot

Looks like the switch from Mapquest has tripped the OSM heavy usage limits and we've been locked out. We're looking for options.

Tim. @TimArnot

Canuck

It's a damned shame. Back to FS Commander for me which is a poor substitute for a moving map/planner imo. May have to look at Avlasoft.

Canuck

There is another free planner called VFRFlight by Lukasz Kulasek up to version 2.1 which has maps, I wonder what map source he uses. There seems to be a plethora. https://www.facebook.com/vfrflight
I find it less comfortable to use than Plan-G however.

tim arnot

It's fixable, and there are now other options we can bring into play. But it'll take a little time, since I can only work on it at the weekends.

Tim. @TimArnot

sidfadc

Damn I thought I had broken Open Street map right now fiddling with map box settings.  Looks like its server side then.  Damn!  I really like Plan G and its an important tool for me.  Here is hoping to a fix soon.