News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Database

Started by Badam3co, September 13, 2016, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badam3co

I just installed Plan G and " creating database " has been stuck for the last 45 mins.

Windows 10, P3D V3

tim arnot

Please attach the log (My Documents\Plan-G Files\Plan-G_Log.txt)

Tim. @TimArnot

jimh

Me too!
Log file attached.

EDIT:  Closed and restarted Plan G, rebuilt database successfully!

New query:  How can I get the map set up?  None of the options work for me.

Jim

tim arnot

We're working on an update to resolve map server issues.

Tim. @TimArnot

jimh

matt511

Hi, think I have the same problem :( At least on set up building database. I've used and setup PG before without any probs over the years :)

New install stays with the message "scanning ORBX\FTX_VECTOR_CVX
Doesn't actually seem to clear? Left it overnight.

There is nothing as useful as PG especially as a VFR tool for me so I really hope I can get it working again. Doesn't ever crash just doesn't advance.

Kind Regards

Matt

tim arnot

Check the log - maybe there's particular file it barfs on . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

geejo

Hi.  I've gone back to FSX without Steam but when I try to build the database it only runs for about a half second and stops. If I go to file options the FSX Program windows shows C|Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\FSX and I'm not able to change it. The same goes for the Scenery.CFG.  Any suggestions?
Geejo

tim arnot

Have you tried "Settings" from the Build database dialog? Should allow you to set the paths.

Tim. @TimArnot

geejo

When I go to settings and aAfter I change the path and click OK the following OK is ghosted so I can only go back to settings.  My FSX is in C:\programs(x86) \microsoft games\fsx. What should it be?  And then there is the scenery config.

tim arnot

You have to select a database to build. The OK button is only inactive if none of the database options is selected.

Tim. @TimArnot