News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

What am I missing

Started by leostr, September 30, 2016, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leostr

Hi everyone,

So I reckon there's something I'm not getting right here, hopefully some of you can help.

I'm unable to get mapbox up and running.

I've created a map, got the API key and the name of the map itself. If I try and use this in PlanG's map options, every relaunch is a 401 Unauthorized.
UserID - mapboxusername.mapboxmapname
Key - full API key both with and without the pk.

Am I just missing something here, or is there something actually not working between Mapbox and Plan-G - anyone who has this setup working able to confirm?

Thanks heaps, Leo

spokes2112

Last night some fellow pilots & myself  from the Avsim RTWR team went through this on Teamspeak.
As far as I can reckon the account parameters have to propagate throughout  their servers?
4 people (2 in US, 2 in GB) with all different UserIds/Keys (5 accounts, 8 maps). 3 out of 4 of us could share Mapbox maps and reset Plan-G almost on the fly with the different maps. The fourth just couldn't get it to work at all, while an old project ID I made a few years ago remained working for him. We persuaded him to update to 3.1.3.113 from 3.1.2.101 so he could have the second parameter for mapbox. It didn't work. 20 minutes later, on the older version of Plan-G, the new mapset started working!

Again, the only thing we could surmise is that the account/map ID has to propagate through the servers. The person with the problems was in GB on a different service provider than the other. Maybe the DNS lookup for his ISP is different than the other gent? Well beyond my scope.

I'm keeping a central location for file support of my uploaded project, other tips & observations at SOH.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?102521-mapbox_styleset_4_plan-g_v1-0-zip

I have my project mapset working fine on v3.1.3.113 (win7, both codes) & v3.1.2.101 (networked WinXP, single code) while the latter either took patience for the server or a cookie was necessary on the computer, just don't know other than it works.

This is confusing the daylights out of me,,, and others too!