News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jive1

Hey! Good morning Tim,
I understand what you tell now about the IP addresses.
But I don't understand the following....
I started FS9 an PLan G15 minutes ago. First I started PLan G without Administrator facilities, and there was no real connection between both. I could see that, because on the Plan there was no mentioning about a VOR and a heliport available at EBAW Antwerp where my plane was on a parking spot.
ThenI realised I had to start with administator facilities, so I restarted with administrator facilities, and I se that both the heliport and the VOR at EBAW are visible now on the Plan.
If what you told me just in your last message, ten my computers would not recognize eachother, and no data would have been transferred from FS9 to Plan G, nor would the VOR and the heliport at EBAW be visible on the Plan now. And though, they do.
The only thing seems to be that ni aircraft of FS9 is recognised bij the Plan G...
And that is what I do not understand...
Some more suggestions for me? Some settings that are wrong?
Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
Attached is the logfile of my FSUIPC... Seems ok?.....
Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1

No more assistence?
Nobody can help me?
Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1

Hey!
I can see anything on the map except airplanes. I can see own made airports, I can see own made airport diagrams ( afcad )...
Why?
I've now changed from v3.1.2. tot Version 3.1.3.113... using the database as is. Same result! No airplanes!
Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1

Hey!
I have now downloaded and installed V3.1.4.123, I loaded a new database and according to the logfile the whole database for Plan G v3.1.4.123 is OK.
Nevertheless, I have similar ( = same ) results: I can see open the map of Plan G own-made airports, own-made afcads as well, but no airplanes.
My FS9 says on top of screen: ... with wide server 1 connected.
Both Plan G and FS9 show that WideFS also is working well.
What could I have done wrong, so that my airplanes of FS9 do not show on the map of Plan G?
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

Make sure Show User Aircraft is checked in Options.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
Good morning,
Presently, v.3.1.4, connected, both Plan and FS9 started as administrator
I made a new database this morning, see logfile attached
( Note: I can never be sure that loading the database is complete. It is never the same last line. Could there be a marking as a last line in the file, always the same, telling that the database is indeed complete? )
In "Options":
User aircraft marked as "Display (F6)", and
Traffic marked as "Show moving"
both checked.
That has been the same for all three versions with whom I experimented....
No aircraft visible, but own made afcads and own made airports are visible on the map.
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

You mean like ?

07:56:27.1 Committing Airport changes
07:56:27.1 Compacting database.
07:56:27.1 Database load complete.
07:56:27.1 Build-DB cleanup lambda

Is the map showing the location of the aircraft?
Does the map snap back after a few seconds if you scroll some distance away from the aircraft location (with the position toggle set to Lock or Sync)?
Do you have a TCAS Range set in FSUIPC?

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey!
I was wondering....
The map is now not showing the location of my aircraft, opposite to what I experienced all the times before. Usually the map was jumping to the location of my aircraft. And also, when I moved to another location, it used to snap back, not  this time. The position toggle of my aircraft is always "Lock".
About the TCAS range, I've never known such a thing. I noticed now, Limit TCAS range (0=off) is set at 40nm, but I've never before changed that value. Since I'm using now a more recent version of FSUIPC, it is possible that with my previous FSUIPC version that value has been different, I don't know that.
Jive1

Jive1

Hey!
Indeed, I mean like the 4 lines you mention...
But in my last logfile, there were other lines "after" these ending lines that have been shown, so I am little bit confused why these lines are there...
Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1

Hey!
I wonder....
Has this error to do with Windows 10?
Why did it not show as long as I was working with Windows 7 and why show all three the different versions of Plan G yjat I was using in those latter days the same error when I work under Windows 10?
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

Anything's possible, but it's more likely to be a specific machine problem - as a rule Plan-G is fine under Windows 10

Another check you can make is to look at the GPS popup window. This shows telemetry from the user aircraft, and if the airspeed, altitude etc dials are alive, it shows data is being received even if the user aircraft isn't displayed.

If those dials aren't alive, it's most likely that FSUIPC isn't sending telemetry.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
I'm very sorry....
I don't know where I should look for a GPS popup window...
In the Options Menu I see a GPS Panel, and when I open it, I see several data, but there is nothing what I could understand as telemetry data of aircraft....
Please tell me where I should find that?
Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1

Hey!
I found the popup window with telemetry data, it's the PFD-window.
Well, all values there are on zero, 0kts,9ft,heading north level 0 and bank also zero.
Now I must find out why FSUIPC does not sending telemetry.... Right?
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

Yup. Every step gets us a little closer...

Tim. @TimArnot