Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cele

b123 work perfect on win10 64bit

ybourdeau

Hi Tim,

There is a problem when I click on the button "Print current map": the menu ribbon disapears... To bring it back, I have to click the Plan-G icon in the task bar to minimize the window, then click the icon back agin and then, the ribbon menus reappear...

I'm on Windows 7. Did not try it on Win10.

Yvon Bourdeau

dempsey

A known problem that I reported before, but it is only a "nuisance" in the big scheme of things.

I much rather have Tim keeping up with the new X-Plane 11 which is currently in beta.

Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

44jcalvert@gmail.com

Hi, Great work!
I'm stuck with Mapbox!?!
Does anyone know how to get it to produce a simple map to use in Plan-G based on streetmap or outdoor styles? - or where this info can be found?
I have tried several times and seem to produce a map but cannot find where to save it or get the map ID from.

I did create 1 map which works, but I think by sheer fluke, and cannot seem to create another no matter which way I try. (by the way my ID for this working map has a '.'  not a '/' as a divider after my username and it only works this way in Plan-G)

Any help greatly appreciated

JC

ybourdeau

Dempsey,

I agree with the fact this problem is more of a nuisance (we can get the ribbon back) but all bugs have to be reported (did not know you reported it before). X-Plane 11 is comming soon and yes, doing the database import for it is definitely a higher priority and I'm sure Tim knows best what to do first !

Good simming!

Yvon Bourdeau

Dieter

@JC

One of t best additional map I found up to now is:
-     mapbox_styleset_4_plan-g_v1.0.zip
Goto Avsim, dowload that file and exactly follow included instructions.

tim arnot

Yes it says on my To-Do list, "Rewrite Printing" (along with "Rewrite Simconnect Interface") They are both big tasks!

Tim. @TimArnot

OviOne

Quote from: tim arnot on October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM
I also need the following new items translated into Italian and Spanish. If you can help, please add your translated text to this thread. Thanks.

• Reset Tool Windows
  • If popup tool windows don't show, they're probably outside the window area. This button will restore them to their normal position. Needs restart after use.
  • (Restart Plan-G After Use)
  • Legacy Maps
  • Other Maps

I think this could be pretty accurate. Not a friend of caps use, so I changed some words to lowercase:

• Reubicar ventanas de herramientas
  • Si no puede ver las ventanas flotantes, probablemente estén fuera del área de la ventana principal. Este botón las devolverá a su ubicación normal. Requiere reinicio del programa.
  • (Reiniciar Plan-G después de usar)
  • Mapas antiguos
  • Otros mapas

Hope this helps.

tim arnot

Cheers. Capitalisation styles & preferences vary around the world, so it's no big deal. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

jhkaye

Just installed the Beta Version of Plan-G 3.1.4.123.  One feature that I liked about previous version 3.1.2.101 was that ILS/LOC frequencies appeared on the map if ILS/LOC is selected from the map view.  The ILS/LOC frequencies don't appear in the new Beta version, or I have not set something up right. 

In the previous version, I would often end up with blue squares saying there was an error, if I was flying around areas like Kavik in Alaska.  Playing with the zoom level sometimes fixed the problem, but the new beta version seems to have fixed this.  Everything else I have tried so far seems to work  OK in the beta version.

Jim Kaye     

dempsey

jhkaye,

I had a quick look at one of my Canadian airports (CYYC) with ILS/LOC and when I right-click on the green ILS the pop-up has the frequencies as the first item, like:

CYYC GS IAQ (110.9 Mhz) LOC: 284o G/S 3o
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

jhkaye

Thank you for your reply.  You are right; I had not tried the right mouse button.  The version of Plan-G I had been using is 3.1.2.101.  It shows the ILS localizer frequencies without right clicking the mouse.  Version 3.1.4.123 works correctly, as discussed in the latest manual.  Also tried transferring the localizer frequency to the NAV 1 radio standby and it works perfectly.  I am reading the manual to learn about all the other new features.  Great program!!!

Jim Kaye 

tim arnot

It also appears in the Information window, if you have that open.

Don't forget to check the readme too - the really new stuff since the last manual will be there (the altitude banana for example).

Tim. @TimArnot

bobsk8

Has anyone else noticed that it seems this latest version takes much longer to load than the previous version? After trying it for hours, I found it unacceptable, and had a backup copy and went back to 3.13. 

w9nwrwi

Bob,
When I load Plan-G up it takes around 10-15 seconds and I am ready to go. Version 3.1.4.123

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11