News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ostkamp

Quote from: tim arnot on October 23, 2016, 09:03:38 AM
There are also some new text items that need translating. If you can help, please see the top message in this thread. Thanks.
Hi Tim,

here are some German translations (I am a native speaker):

* Werkzeugfenster zurücksetzen

* Falls Werkzeugfenster nicht angezeigt werden, könnten sie sich möglicherweise ausserhalb des sichtbaren Bereichs befinden. Dieser Schalter stellt die Standard Position wieder her. Nach der Benutzung ist ein Neustart erforderlich.

* Ältere Karten

* Weitere Karten

Hope this helps.

tim arnot

Cheers guys  :)

@ ybourdeau: I had someone translate the original manual back in the v2 days, but it's a huge job, and they didn't come back to do the v3 update. There's been a couple of people started to translate it into German, but they both disappeared without trace (I suspect they self-admitted to some mental hospital!). Similarly I've got an unfinished translation of the main program text in Spanish. People don't realise how big of a job it is until they start, then they wish they hadn't. But if that hasn't put you off, I can put you in touch with the English writer, and he can send you the source files, images etc. Sadly there's no money in it.

Tim. @TimArnot

ybourdeau

Hi Tim,

Actually, I have been at it for the past 6-8 months and I have translated up to and including chapter 13 (up to section 13.3.3).

I go at my own pace when I have time and did my own screen captures with CYMX (Montreal-Mirabel in Canada) as the example airport but I don't mind using the images and airports of the original English version of the manual if you so desire; anyways, since the map provider is not free anymore, I was going to redo all the screen captures to maintain uniformity througthout the document (darn...).

I cannot promise when it will be completed but I hope to be able to finish the job for next summer.

If you don't mind a bit of input from what has already been translated in the software, some of the text would need some translation improvements which I could provide (no offense).

As for the money, I was expecting less than what you are offering but it will do... ;)

Let me know how to proceed from then on...

Yvon Bourdeau

tim arnot

That's cool. The original translator did the same thing - I didn't know about it until one day he contacted me and said "hey I've translated the manual!" Of course it was much smaller then.

Anyhow, I'm happy for you to continue if you want to do that - there are no deadlines, especially on what I pay! There are notes in the readme for things that arrived after the last edition of the manual, should you want to include them  - the altitude banana is an obvious one - & I'm happy to answer questions. No problem with CYMX (is that near where you live? Local knowledge adds a great deal I think, when it comes to explaining procedures and landmarks etc. If you want to do a Canadian version of the demo plan, that would be cool too. No pressure though.)

Please send me any corrections/improvements you have for the existing text (PM would be best, rather than clutter up this thread) - always happy to make things better! :)

Dang, I should have only offered half!  :P

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Please see the first message in this thread for an updated beta.

Tim. @TimArnot

P7endragon

I love the airspace altitude filters, but I'm not certain that they're quite working properly...

At Leeds Bradford Airport (EGNM) there is controlled airspace up to 8500 (floors of SFC, 2500 and 3000). If I set the upper airspace altitude filter to 5000 (leaving the lower filter unchecked), all these control areas/zones disappear. I would have expected them to still be displayed since even though they extend above the filter, they still exist in part of the SFC - 5000 range I'm filtering on.

Similarly, if I set the lower airspace filter to 100 (and uncheck the upper filter), all the controlled airspace with a floor of SFC disappears, even though it extends upwards above 100 into the range I'm expecting to see.

Does that make sense?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

I know the beta is for Vista and since.  Just to report that the program doesn't work on my client (W7 x64). There were no maps of any description.

No problem returning to v. 3.1.3.113 with Mapbox maps. 

John

tim arnot

What version of Mapbox? is your map ID a short code or a long one (i.e. did you create it in their new Map studio?)

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Thanks, Tim.

Map ID is an eight letter code.  I set up Mapbox a few months ago soon after MapQuest disappeared.

tim arnot

Okay, please try build 123 - there are ongoing fixes.

Tim. @TimArnot

ybourdeau

Hi Tim,

WHere is the link to build 123 ??? Seems I cannot find it

Thanks
Yvon Bourdeau

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Quote from: tim arnot on November 30, 2016, 08:41:55 AM
Okay, please try build 123 - there are ongoing fixes.

This build works perfectly in W7.  Good to have OpenStreet Maps again.

Mapbox maps don't show though, not that it matters much to me, I prefer OSM. 

Thanks for all the support.

Regards

Dieter

New version works without problem. (Win7 64 bit)
Chosen Mapbox maps work without any problems.