News:

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

What are you finding slow? The new build will use default settings and you may find that (for example) changing map provider speeds up the initial display.

Tim. @TimArnot

bobsk8

Quote from: w9nwrwi on January 01, 2017, 07:12:01 PM
Bob,
When I load Plan-G up it takes around 10-15 seconds and I am ready to go. Version 3.1.4.123

Chuck

I just started mine now and was ready to go in about 3-4 seconds. That is what I had been used to since I got Plan G. The beta version took about 15 or more seconds, but everything was slow, zooming, etc.  I tired both the map that it came with and then went back to the map I am using with 3.1.3, and it made no difference, it was just slow.

bobsk8

Quote from: tim arnot on January 02, 2017, 12:22:52 PM
What are you finding slow? The new build will use default settings and you may find that (for example) changing map provider speeds up the initial display.

It was slow to start the program slow to zoom in and out, just everything took so much longer. Say about 5 seconds for initial load with 3.3, and three times that for 3.4 .  Went back to 3.3, and everything back to normal. I used the default map that 3.4 came with, thinking  that was the problem and even went back to the mapbox map  I was using with 3.3, and it made no difference. 

tim arnot

No clue in that case. It might be worth running an activity monitor to see if there's anything showing abnormal activity.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

What does "Long" mean in the "Breadcrumb Trail"?

I watched an AI VFR circuit and the trail displayed from push-back to touch-down. It then disapeared and restarted several times on taxi-in.

On the second AI circuit, is switched off and on every few seconds.

George

tim arnot

Short trails are truncated at 5 minutes, long ones are not.

If the plane is on the ground, it may hide the trail when the plane stops - not entirely sure, I'd have to check.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

It's ok. On subsequent tests, the trail persisted throughout all flights.

BTW. I am currently connecting by Simconnect, would FSUIPC be better?

George

tim arnot

FSUIPC's traffic handling is slightly different, it's a bit more laggy for one thing. But it's also less prone to dll crashes.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Thanks Tim.

A supplementary question.

I am running across a network, but if I use the remote FSX installation to build the database, it doesn't find the airport I am sitting at  ???

Presunably this is because it doesn't know the location of the Scenery.cfg?

Does it not display the default airfields?

George

tim arnot

It can usually find the scenery.cfg across a network, but the paths contained therein often don't translate correctly on the remote machine ("D:\etc" will likely lead somewhere completely different).

It's usually a much more reliable job building the database on the FSX machine with a second Plan-G install, and then copying it across to the remote PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Forgive the ramblings of an old man  :-[

The base file was inhibited on the remote machine.

The location of the scenery.cfg was not set locally.

George

jacques lauzon

Hi,
I've the Test version a few days ago on a remote machine.  It works perfectly, but I couldn't buil the database.  So, I have installed another Plan G on the FS machine and built the database.  I have copied the file Data from Plan G on my FS machine to the remote one.  It didn't seem to work. So here my question:
What should I copy from the FS machine to the Remote machine.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jacques

tim arnot

Copy the My Documents\Plan-G Files\Data folder across and you'll be good to go.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

ose159

Hi Tim,

sorry to disturb you; i tested the 3.1.4 in XP11 but i still am not able to build the database. It starts saying something like "prepar new database" and it never gets out of there.
Thanks in advance
Claudio Damiani

tim arnot

Quote from: ose159 on January 29, 2017, 11:03:07 PM
Hi Tim,

sorry to disturb you; i tested the 3.1.4 in XP11 but i still am not able to build the database. It starts saying something like "prepar new database" and it never gets out of there.
Thanks in advance
Claudio Damiani

Did you use build 124 from here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3578.msg17454#msg17454 If so, please attach the log. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot