News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdy.dma

Test with this one, also with 127.0.0.1, then your LAN Ip instead.

Argaeus

Finally downloaded after 4 attempts :) Will test and revert. Thanks.

Argaeus

With 127.0.0.1, I lost Vatsim planes as well. When I entered my IP (192.168.1.26), I started seeing them but still no luck with my own :).

Well, my bad luck! Until a solution is found, keep smiling :)
Thanks for all the help.
Regards.

Birdy.dma

Rereading your previous posts, i see a wrong install of Plan G. It should be installed in: Program Files x86, not in Win10.

Argaeus

Although I am sure I read somewhere in this forum that it did not matter where you install the tool, I tried what you advised to no avail :(

Birdy.dma

In my Options / FS Connection / FSX Computer:

the default value is localhost. I don't remember typing something here.

If it doesn't work............Sadly, i am out of ideas.

Argaeus

I already had tried that as well but will try again with the new installation shortly. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Jive1

Hey!
Is this new version 3.1.4.123 suited for the use under Windows 10? Is there anything special to be foezqzzn when working under Windows 10?
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

Yup, it's perfectly good in Windows 10.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey!
I have "restarted" using the Plan G but there is a unknown problem. I had Plan G3 v3.1.2.101 working really fine, since 2-3 years. In the beginning I used it with Win XP, later with Windows 7. Plan G is presently on an older computer with Windows 7 and FS9 is on a newer computer with Windows 10. In fact my whole system is on the same two computers, but the newer one has now Win10, whereas the older one is still with Win7.
Plan G was unchanged since the beginning, FS9 has been working , but both FSUIPC and  WideFS have been modified into the ast versions ( FSUIPC is now 3?999z8 and WideFS is now 6.75 )
When I load the data form my FS9 pc to my Plan G pc, everything seems to go correctly, except that at the end something seems to go wrong. See the logfile attached, sorry it's in Dutch, but I'm sure that you will recognize and understand what the file says. At the end the system returns faulty data ans that seems to be the reason why it stops and does not finish the job.
When I watch the Plan-G files I see, that in the Data folder there are 6 sdf-files, in the Profiles folder there is 1 profile-file, in the TRAIL-folder there are 24 IGC-files, in the Vatsim folder there are 2 txt-files, and in the WX folder there ar 2 TXT-files. But that seems not to be enough. Furthermore I've not yet succeeded in making good connection sa as to see my own airplane as the >AI-ones form FS9 in the Plan G map. Opposite to what I experienced the other time, last time was september 2016 or so, that everything worked fine. However that was before I switched  to Win10 in my FS9 pc. And that was the reason why I asked if Plag G is working well under Windows 10.
So, now.... What should I do? Is there something wrong with building up the Dadabase of my Plan G program, or is there something wrong depending on Windows 10? What can be the reason for this malfunctioning?
Greetz...
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

The log shows that Plan-G can't talk to FSUIPC (the error "FSUIPC is not running" just means Plan-G doesn't get a reply when it tries to communicate). So either:

1. FSUIPC is not running (the answer to this is obvious)

or

2. FSUIPC is running but Plan-G can't talk to it. Several possibilities here:
- Security privileges may be different. If one program in the chain (FS / FSUIPC / Plan-G) is running As Administrator, they must all run As Administrator.
- Access is being blocked by the firewall

* The first database build in the log runs fine with no errors. Subsequent builds fail with file access errors. There are system error being logged so something has gone wrong deep down. Best thing to do at this point is reboot the system and see if that clears it.

If you still have the database from your original install, you can copy it onto the new machine. There's almost no reason to rebuild the database, except for adding new scenery.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
I restarted all as administrator. See now the new logfile. I only don't know wether at the end of the logfile there should be a marking for "the end"?
Everything seems OK now?....
Altough, I cannot make real connection between Plan and FS9, i.e. if I am with my plane in Antwerp EBAW, I don't see no plane on the Plan, nor any AI plane.
I use Plan G mainly to follow my own flights, with flightplan or without.
Could it be that some settings are not correct in one oor another item? What could it be then?
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

XPUIPC is the glue between Plan-G and X-Plane. If you don't have it, you can get it from http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC.html

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
This can't be true! I'm still flying in FS9, Don't tell me that I need now  XPUIPC. The program has been running extremely good till last time that I used it, and that was almost half a year ago, on 2 computers with Windows 7.
I guess that there should be a much simpler solution?
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

Oops, sorry - had X-Plane on the brain for some reason!  ::)

For FS9 you need FSUIPC. If it's been working for a long time and then stopped, most likely is that your computers have changed their IP addresses. IPs are assigned by your router when the computer starts up (along with things like mobile phones, tablets, set top boxes etc). 99 times out of 100 it'll keep getting the same address, cos the router remembers for a day or so. But once in a while, if something changes, or the computer is switched off for too long, it might get something different.

FSUIPC relies on a config file to know the address of your FS PC. If the PC gets a different address, you'll need to edit the config to let it know. (you can use the IPConfig command in a CMD window to find out your computer's IP address: from the Windows RUN menu type CMD & hit enter. Then type IPConfig in the black window that comes up)

Your router will also allow you to reserve an address for each computer, so that it never changes. Consult your router manual for how to do that.

Tim. @TimArnot