News:

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argaeus

I am having exactly the same problem with X-Plane 11 and XPUIPC! The common denominator here is Win 10 I guess. Could Language settings have an effect on Plan-G?

tim arnot

That's a possibility - try setting your locale to English (Control Panel->Clock Language & Region) and retry the connection. If it works, we'll know that's the problem.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
That issue of the language cannot be the origing of the eror in my situation. I have installed in original language.
I'm afraid that ib my case it might really a FSUIPC-error, and I don't have any knowledge on that item.
I'm using FSUIPC v3.999z9a and I don't see no INI-file in the modules folder; opposite to previous versions of FSUIPC. And unfortunately I lost my previous FSUIPC and WIDEFS versions.... So I cannot ge back to that previous versions...
Jive1 - Belgium

Argaeus

I tried after changing the system locale but to no avail.

By the way, there is another similar tool which a fellow simmer recommended couple of days ago which works fine and shows my initial location, follows my aircraft on the map after entering the required IP# (in this case it is 127.0.0.1 and not my actual LAN assigned one) so I guess the problem is not with my setup but may be with the XPUIPC version I am using (XPUIPC Version 2.0.3.1 - copied from the ini file). I wouldn't mind trying a different/newer version to solve the problem if anyone can lead the way to it as I cannot locate any other - this one being the third.

Best regards.

Birdy.dma

This one is delivered with the last EFASS release. (2.0.4.6 in the .ini file).

Argaeus

Thanks birdy.dma, I will try it tonight.

tim arnot

Quote from: Argaeus on May 25, 2017, 05:51:24 AM
I tried after changing the system locale but to no avail.

Okay thanks. At least it's eliminated from the equation.

Good luck with the new version of XPUIPC . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

Argaeus

No movement with the new version as well :(

Birdy.dma

Finally, i have an other idea.

Now, it is time to repair your Net Framework.

Is Microsoft our friend?  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Argaeus

Hi Birdy.dma,

Downloaded the tool, ran it which led me to believe it found 2 errors and fixed them, tried Plan-G immediately to no avail, switched the system off, re-started to see if it helped but still no movement :)
I am open to further suggestions to try to make this tool work in my laptop.
Another moving chart tool which I installed just recently detected the sim immediately at first try, showed my aircraft at it's current position and followed it thru a 4 hour flight this morning between Japan and Taiwan.
There must be something blocking/holding Plan-G to reach my sim data!
Regards.

Jive1

Hey! Tim,
My problem is solved!
Sorry for keeping you all the time busy for nothing....
You know, I told you that I switched tot another release of FSUIPC.... That was wrong of Mine.
I went back searching through in my 1TB archived files, and I found my original FSUIPC + WIDEFS back. Oh boy, I'm so lucky now.
I re-installed that original versions of both FSUIPC and WIDEFS and everything is working fine again!
In the mean time I'm using also your last version 3.1.4.123 of Plan G and even that works fine with my original FSUIPC and WODEFS.
So, please; excuse me for keeping you also searching for a solution for my problem all the time.
Many, many thanks Tim!
Jive1 - Belgium

tim arnot

Glad you have it working. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

Birdy.dma

Hi Argaeus,

In the .zip are 2 files: Plan G3.exe config and XPUIPC.txt.

Catch your same files (just after having closed X Plane and Plan G), and post them. Keep hope!

Argaeus

Here are the required files in zip form after another trial with XP11.

One thing I was not sure was whether I was supposed to use "your" copies (which I did not) or were they sent to show the files you requested.

Regards.

Birdy.dma

Bad news, nothing wrong in your config files.

The mystery remain.