News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argaeus

Well, thanks anyway Birdy.dma.
If you think of anything else, I'd be glad to present you with any further details :) I guess I am the only one who cannot see his a/c on the screen while I can even see online Vatsim pilots - flying or on ground.
Cheers.

tim arnot

Here's a thought: the Vatsim data feed will include your user aircraft. Plan-G normally filters it out, so that it doesn't appear twice. But if it's not seeing your user aircraft in the first place, it can't filter it out. So you should still see the Vatsim version (although it'll be blue)...

Tim. @TimArnot

Argaeus

Well Tim, thanks for the suggestion but I only fly on IVAO and Plan-G does not show them.

I don't like comparing your tool with others in your forum but the recent new tool does show all 4 Network participants (including it's own) on it's map at the same time so I do exactly that and disable IVAO to avoid seeing my flight duplicated.

There must be something Plan-G does not like in my laptop that blocks a simple icon showing on my screen! :)

Thanks anyways and take care.

masconti

For the next release:

1 OpenTopoMaps compatibility (IMO very good charts with Power transmission lines very usefull in VFR). Look at https://opentopomap.org/
2 Possibility to change the color of the flight plan line
3 Possibility to print map at fixed scale (1:250.000; 1:500.000 etc)
4 Possibility to write or draw on the map (lines, marks, notes etc)

Bye

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Mower

Sorry if a dumb question but where can I find PlanG 3.1.4.127 for my P3Dv4?

tim arnot

It's not out yet, sorry (it's only been released to a few select alpha testers, since there's some core functionality that's broken).

The current build 124 at the top of this thread does work with P3Dv4

Tim. @TimArnot

Mower

Aussie157

Hi,

I updated my Plan G to version 3.1.4.123 but now when I try to build a database for either P3D V3 or P3D V4 everything goes fine until it gets to building the Airports part of the DB then it hangs. I even left the Database creator running overnight but it was the same result. Attached is the latest log.

Cheers
Pat

tim arnot

Make sure Plan-G is running as Administrator, and try deleting/renaming the PlanG3_P3D.sdf file before you start. Also reboot your PC.

The problem is due to an unreleased lock on the database file, and not related to the sim you're building for.

Tim. @TimArnot

Aussie157

Thanks Tim. I actually run the installer as Admin and the programme the same. Will try and delete the files you have mentioned.

Cheers
Pat

Aussie157

Still not having any luck creating databases for FSX or P3D V3.4 and P3D V4. The database creation seems to stall while creating the airports. It shows "writing 26404 airports" but that is where it stalls.

Cheers
Pat

tim arnot

You've now got a different error, which doesn't really help you. But it appears now to be some issue with the data.

BTW, due to a bug mentioned in another thread, it's actually reading the P3Dv3 data even when you've set it to P3Dv4, so it's best to do any further testing with P3Dv3, at least until the next build comes out (which won't be long - next week, probably)

It would be helpful if you could do a db build with just the base data - go into the FS Scenery config screen and disable the addons. If we can get a successful database build with this, we can then start narrowing it down to what's causing the problem.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Just alerting people to build 129, now at the top of this thread.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

vgbaron

No joy with P3DV4 latest hotfix running W10. Will not connect using simconnect. FSUIPC% works just fine though

Vic
P3D#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - 2-GTX1070 SLI 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
P3D#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX680 DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+