News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

It could be on another drive - something used for temp files? It definitely thinks you've got a storage issue somewhere - there's a whole bunch of those errors in the log.

Tim. @TimArnot

hendrik357

Thanks Dempsey. I got it now. I must have overlooked it before. Thanks again!    Hendrik357

rele

I have run Plan-G for the last couple of years upgrading to the latest versions as they came out. I use FSX and X-Plane 10.5 running Plan-G both locally and across my network.

I have installed the latest version (3.1.4.129) and have run in to a problem with Windows 10 Home Edition and X-Plane.

My flight sims run on Windows 10 Professional and Plan-G is running on Windows 10 Home.
FSX-SE connects OK but X-Plane 10.5 will not connect. I have also tried Plan-G on a Windows 10 Professional machine, across the network,  and it then does connect to X-Plane i.e. Version 129 appears not to like Win 10 Home.

When I run XPWideclient on the Win 10 Home computer and look at the 'Version and status information' using XPUIPC, it reports that the Win 10 Home computer is connected and XPWideclient shows UDP=48/sec from the flight sim machine. Click connect on Plan-G and it does not connect.

All anti-virus/firewall stuff is off including Win Defender which is permanently disable with a registry hack.

Help please - I'm stuck! Thanks.

tim arnot

Are you running As Administrator? Check that all the programs in the loop are at the same security level - Plan-G, sim, WideClient etc. If any of them is different it can fail to connect. That's the most likely reason for failure after an update.

Tim. @TimArnot

rele

Started from scratch and re-installed everything and all now working perfectly. Thanks very much - great asset to FS.  :)

flightjunkie

The new version works great in P3DV4.

However, I can't seem to connect to SimConnect. I can only connect to FSUIPC 5, but like previous versions, when I do that, AI Traffic on the Map keeps "flashing" - basically appearing and disappearing every second.
I think this was an issue before with FSUIPC 4 and P3D3.4 and earlier. How do I connect to SimConnect in P3DV4?

tim arnot

SimConnect is getting a rewrite with the new P3D libraries, so please be patient on that front. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

flightjunkie

Thanks! I can live with the flashing AI :)

etk

First of all: 
I am very happy to find out that the issues with the maps has been sorted out and that the P3Dv4 should work now (haven't tested yet).

Problem:  could not move/delete the setup executable nor uninstall the newly installed version 3.1.4 executable

I have installed (not as administrator) 3.1.4.129 in a separate directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Plan-G v3.1.4 as per given instructions.
It seems to be working OK sofar:  could load a flightplan, modify/save/export it etc.

But when I tried to move the directory in which I have unpacked the zip file containing setup_Plan-G_3.1.4.exe and the ReadMe.txt the problem started:  I was unable to move the directory ... no access rights to move of the setup executable.
Then I uninstalled 3.1.4 , but apparently it could not remove the Plan-G executable itself as wel as the uninstaller.  Same issue: no access rights.
The only way was to reboot my PC in diagnostic mode, then delete the files and reboot again in normal mode.

Did the installation again but now as administrator.  Now I could move the folder in which I unpacked the Zip file.  When I uninstalled version 3.1.4 the uninstaller did not remove the C:\Program Files (x86)\Plan-G v3.1.4 directory with the uninstaller in it.  Had to (and now I was able to) remove the uninstaller and then the directory itself.

Hope this helps.

martin schultz

Tim just wanted to say thanks for the excellent work on this new version. I have 3.14 running on a networked PC and it connects beautifully to P3DV4 using Simconnect and to XP11 using XPUIPC. Members of the club I belong to are all switching over from the older 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. I was intrigued to see an export feature for Dovetails FSW. It also works there as a planner but not as a moving map.... YET. Thanks again....GREAT WORK and much appreciated. 

teisco

Tried this software but Xplane data load box is grayed out? I did try that small option button under Data Tools but each time I clicked on it the software froze and I had to reboot the pc. 

tim arnot

There's another way to input your X-Plane location data, by going to the main File->Options screen and selecting Locations. Let me know if that gets your build activated.

Tim. @TimArnot

teisco

like I said in my post - when I do that my pc freezes up and I have to reboot.

hendrik357

Hi Tim,

I have installed  version 3.1.4.129 on my pc which is Windows7 to use with FSX acceleration. It has been working just fine( I love this program ) but today I went to turn it on and the icon shows in the tool bar at the bottom of the page after it is activated but the program itself does now open to use on the screen. I uninstalled and did a reinstall but still have the same problem. Not sure what to do next.
                                                                                                                                                                                                               hendrik357

hendrik357

Sorry Tim, no need to reply. I found out what I did wrong. I had the window minimized.

Let me say here though, this is a wonderful little program for creating flight plans. I take my hat off to you for making this available.

Thanks again, hendrik357