Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: Hammer32261 on September 27, 2017, 11:45:46 PM
Tim it possible to see AI traffic on the map with Xplane 11?

Thx

Yes. This is just the default 3 AI, but they are there.

Tim. @TimArnot

Dieter

Tim,

I have a small request for the next version:
- Is it possible to to give the tab "Notes" a bigger space for more characters (letters)?

tim arnot

I can make the column wider, but you can already write a major essay in there (it is multi-line)

Tim. @TimArnot

Dieter

Hmmm, this is weird, my notes column always cuts my entries after 50 characters.

opjose

Quote from: alby81 on September 26, 2017, 11:50:05 AM
Quote from: ltegalad on August 21, 2017, 08:30:08 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to build my database from X-plane 11, and my import process stops at "Writing 190261 Intersections".
In the log, just after that I have:
BuildDatabase_Executed: The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]
Where do I change that limit? Or rather, is it really the cause of my problem?

I am also having the same problem.

Hi!

same problem here with the newest version:

12:37:15.7 StartBuild_Executed: The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]

Log attached.

Thank you very much.

tim arnot

If you get the max size problem doing a build, can you please try the prebuilt database on the previous page, and let me know if you can see airports, naviads etc. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

alby81

Quote from: tim arnot on September 29, 2017, 01:07:37 PM
If you get the max size problem doing a build, can you please try the prebuilt database on the previous page, and let me know if you can see airports, naviads etc. Thanks.

I tried Tim and you prebuilt DB works.

Regards.

tim arnot

Ok, thanks. Does the error still happen if you build after using the prebuilt one for a bit?

Tim. @TimArnot

alby81

Quote from: tim arnot on September 29, 2017, 01:42:09 PM
Ok, thanks. Does the error still happen if you build after using the prebuilt one for a bit?

Same as before Tim.

Log attached.

Best regards.

tim arnot

Hold on, you're getting a different error:

"There is insufficient disk space to complete operation."

This might be the drive your temp files are stored on, as opposed to your data drive. Worth a check though.

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

Hi Tim

FYI

I had tried rebuilding the database running Plan-G as administrator, because I also saw the "disk space" error, though I have 1.3TB free.
Usually when I see errors like this it is due to insufficient rights so I ran it as admin to see if that made it go away.

I still got the database error.

I have the latest 1710 cycle installed on X-Plane 11 and 10. I use 11 exclusively but still keep a virgin copy of 10 around for the plane maker. My XP10 installation only has a few Steam DLC addons.

I tried building the database from 10 and received the same error about the database size.

I then downloaded the database you posted and now I can see airports in Plan-G.

One of the logs is attached.

Thanks

tim arnot

I see you also have the insufficient disk space error, which is interesting. Can you confirm how much free space you have on you system and data drives (if different)? Also how much RAM you have, and the OS?

I'm looking for things that might be different to my system, to see if there's any commonality . . .

For reference, my system is:
i7-6700K @4.0GHz
Nvidia 980Ti/6GB vram
32GB system RAM
Win 10 Pro, 64 bit
1TB C drive, 526GB free
4TB D drive, 2.3TB free

BTW, the database I uploaded is built on the 1710 cycle.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

One thing I've noticed is that the error occurs when it's writing intersections. So this is a test build that doesn't write intersections.

Back up your Plan-G.exe file and unzip this over the top. There's no installer.

Let me know if it builds the db . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

Quote from: tim arnot on September 29, 2017, 09:42:47 PM
I see you also have the insufficient disk space error, which is interesting. Can you confirm how much free space you have on you system and data drives (if different)? Also how much RAM you have, and the OS?

I'm looking for things that might be different to my system, to see if there's any commonality . . .

My system is:

i7-4790K @4.0GHz
Nvidia 980Ti/6GB vram x2 in SLI
32GB system RAM
Win 10 Pro, 64 bit
512GB C drive, SSD x 2 in Raid 1
4TB D drive, 1.20 TB free
4TB E drive, 3.07 TB free
4TB F drive, 2.72 TB free
4TB G drive, 800GB  free

All of my "User" files including Users\NAME\Documents are redirected to F:\Users\NAME\Documents

To avoid issues with rights, I ran the program as administrator too.

I will also try the new build. Thanks.