News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

aircraft tail numbers

Started by lucienpa, October 21, 2016, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucienpa

hello,

since one month i didnt receive any response from anybody.

when parked at the gates the tail numbers on plan-g are not the same as fsx airplanes.
am i missing something.
thank you,

tim arnot

Do you mean visually? There's no link between the tail number on an aircraft paint and the number shown by ATC.

Tim. @TimArnot

lucienpa

hello,

i will try to better explain myself.

i am at KORD airport gate C12. on PLAN-G map i zoom in at KORD were is the yellow plane, thats my plane. i zoom in and now i see all the planes at the different gates.

if i look at the other planes parked at the gates i see tail numbers.....N599UA, N817AM, N154AE  ETC....

now i look at the United Airline aircraft on my right,,,,the tail number is N912UA on fsx, but on the PLAN-G map the tail number for the same airplane and parked at the same place is  N859UA  ?????.... and this the same thing for all the other planes.

ive discovered that by chance because i wanted to better understand how plan-g work, and by the way , PLAN-G is FANTASTIC compare to many other flight planning and moving map paying software. I tried others and i dont really like them. i like very much PLAN-G. i am retidred and just for the fun of it, it let me pass a very good time.

thank you very much for your answer and mostly for your free software.

have a nice day.

tim arnot

Are you connected by Simconnect or FSUIPC?

Tim. @TimArnot

lucienpa

hi,

usually by simconnect, on ipv4 , tried it on ipv6=same thing, but its the same thing with fsuipc.

but i just had  a ding in my head,  not a dong, ahahaha, i have Ultimate Traffic 2, so is it possible that its coming from there ??? is it interacting with Plan-g ???

thank you, have a nice day
lucien,

lucienpa

hello,

Finally i made some tests and PLAN-G is what i was expecting....SUPERB. The registrations numbers or tails numbers are EXACT. I made a test with SUPER TRAFFIC BOARD and its exactly the same Registration numbers on all airplanes. The small issue come from FSX itself, Plan-G or Super Traffic take the numbers from the Fsx traffic list i think, but on the Fsx AI airplanes itself and even on Ultimate Traffic 2, many of them doesnt have the same numbers as we see on PlanG or Traffic Board. PlanG is OUTSTANDING compare to many flight planners and moving map and i am very,very happy to have it. Mr. Arnott you made a great job.

thank you very much,
lucien paquette,

lucienpa