News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

context menus are grayed out

Started by erzhausen, November 17, 2016, 06:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erzhausen

Hello,
I just started using Plan-G.
I had a first look around and then I closed Plan_G.
Now I tryed to create my first flightplan.
I am sorry to say that all context menus are grayed out.
See the attached screenshot.

I'm using Version 3.1.4.120
It is remarkable that when I started Plan-G for the first time I believe to remember that the context menus are not grayed out.
Are there any ideas what is going wrong?

Greetings
max

EDIT: I just restarted Plan-G, as I did it some times ago. Now the context menus are not any longer grayed out.
What happens?
EDIT2: Its annoying  >:(
Now I found out that if I am connected with FSX, my only simulation, the outgraying occurs.
But not only this, making a right mouse click several times the former outgrayed context menües do not vanish and the newer ones do overlapping the older ones.
Disconnecting with FSX the outgraying is gone, but sooner or later the outgraying starts again.

Can anyone explain to me what the reason could be and how to avoid?

tim arnot

Do you have the Plan-G window over the top of FSX? FSX does something to the screen that stops menus from showing in *any* program that shares the same screen space. (just the bits that overlap)

The solution is move/resize either Plan-G or FSX. Or put Plan/G on a second screen or PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

erzhausen

Quote from: tim arnot on November 19, 2016, 09:23:54 AM
Do you have the Plan-G window over the top of FSX?
Yes, I tried both - keeping Plan-G over the top and disable funktion also.
I found out recently that moving the mouse cursor over the vanished context menues - sometimes I get them visible again.
The solution is move/resize either Plan-G or FSX. Or put Plan/G on a second screen or PC.
Sorry, its no second screen here.

BTW: Is it possible to have Plan-G started on a virtual machine and keep connection with FSX on the main machine?
If yes, which connection parameters shall I use best?

tim arnot

I guess, I've never thought to tr it. You'd treat it as if it was running across a network.

Tim. @TimArnot