News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Migration Mapbox Editor projects

Started by dempsey, November 18, 2016, 02:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dempsey

I have one Mapbox classic map (style) which I can access with Plan-G (3.1.4.200).

In an email I received from Mapbox they stated that as from Jan 31, 2017 the classic styles will be read only, and they recommend to convert existing project(s) to the Mapbox Studio.

Rather than converting I defined a new (Outdoors) style in Mapbox Studio. I can look at it in manual mode with my browser. My access token is the same as for my classic map.

My old Mapbox ID is <accountname>.<8-character-code>, but when I use that I get my classic map.

I suspect that my new Mapbox ID is <accountname>.<25-character-code>, but I am not sure. I tried it but got an error 401 on all the tiles. I then defined a second map (style) and sure enough the <25-character-code> was different.

QUESTIONS:

• Is my assumption of the new Mapbox ID being <accountname>.<25-character-code> correct?
  • Does Plan-G need some internal changes to access the new style maps?

Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

tim arnot

I believe so. I'll give it a try later today, when I'm at the right PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Tim,

Did you have a chance to look into this?
Dempsey

tim arnot

Not yet - last weekend just disappeared, and today wasn't much better. Hopefully tomorrow: I've got a multiplayer session booked in the morning, so I'll have everything to hand  (Seriously, I have to book FS time in advance!)

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

ID = fred.<stuff>  Key = pk.ey<stuff>

Or ID=mapbox.mapbox-terrain-v2 etc for the default styles

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

The new 122 beta in the sticky thread should have it fixed. Note that you'll need to use a "/" in the id field instead of "." for the new long-format map IDs.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

I installed 3.1.4.122 beta.

I used the long-format with the "/", but the tiles reported all "Exception: The server returned an error. (404 not found)"
Dempsey

tim arnot

Did you restart Plan-G? It seems to need a restart to kick in after the change.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Yes, several times. I did some more testing and found this.

It appears that Mapbox 1 handles the long-format fine, while Mapbox 2 gives the 404 error.
Dempsey

Dieter

Hmmm...
I can't confirm. I'm using long-format codes in mapbox 1 and 2 without any error however I had to press "Clear Cache" and restart PlanG again.

tim arnot

Hmm, maybe there's some odd interaction with having two inputs into the same provider. I'll look into it.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Okay, please try build 123 (same place).

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Tim, thanks. It looks like it is working fine now; i.e. long-format in both Mapboxes.

Dempsey