News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

De-clutter options for smaller screens?

Started by MarkH, December 12, 2009, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkH

Just got Plan-G up and running on a networked PC, and it looks great! I have a particular interest in running it on an 800x600 screen, as I have a couple of touch-screens sourced from eBay and I hope to use Plan-G as a sort of super-GPS for FSX, but on its own dedicated screen, without any frame hit and without a mouse. So far it looks good and is tolerable at this low resolution, except that the screen 'furniture' becomes a bit more significant.

So... I'm wondering if it might be useful to add some options for reducing the encroachment of the various toolbars, info bars and particularly the Info panel. I see I can resize the latter, though it might be better if there was a show/hide button. Also an option to display it horizontally, as the vertical format makes the flight plan grid not so much use when the panel is sized small.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'm looking forward to giving the program a proper work-out!
MarkH

jschall

Quote from: MarkH on December 12, 2009, 06:28:48 PM
I'm wondering if it might be useful to add some options for reducing the encroachment of the various toolbars, info bars and particularly the Info panel.
The sidebar can be completely collapsed with the mouse - I agree a toggle button would be nice.

And the ribbon bar at the top can be collapsed, too - use the down-arrow button in the Quick Access bar at the top.

It's in the manual.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

MarkH

Quote from: jschall on December 12, 2009, 06:35:43 PM
And the ribbon bar at the top can be collapsed, too - use the down-arrow button in the Quick Access bar at the top.
Yes, you can assume I have explored all the obvious ways of de-cluttering the screen! But I wonder if there might be room for other useful options? For example, a 'full-screen' mode, hiding the menu bar (like in FSX), hiding the status bar?
MarkH

tim arnot

I'm investigating alternative windowing/docking etc options, although I can't promise anything for the Christmas release. (too much else still to finish and too much time lost to 'festive' chores...)

Tim. @TimArnot

MarkH

MarkH