News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G and X-Plane 11

Started by pepelotte, December 08, 2016, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9nwrwi

Paul,
Go to Plan-g pull down menus on top tab, select File, then Options, then FS Connection, then upper right (under FS Connection Parameters) you will see CONNECT WITH, mouse click on XPUIPC.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

J van E

Quote from: tim arnot on December 14, 2016, 05:01:07 PM
The navigation database is pretty much independent of the sim. You'll see some placement differences between X-Plane and FSX (plus a bunch of airports one or the other doesn't have), but it'll "work" just fine.

The problem I am having in XP11 is that manually created points (which you drag with the mouse in edit mode) show up completely wrong in XP11. I am working with the P3D database because I don't have XP10. Creating a plan from A to B works fine using the P3D database and exporting it to XP11. But I would LOVE to be able to use manually created points (so I can plot a flight through valleys).

tim arnot

11 has a completely new data format, and it won't be supported until I've added support for it (IYSWIM). Meantime, keep your 10 databases.

I won't know what the problem is with user waypoints until I have a copy of 11 to check.

Tim. @TimArnot

J van E

Quote from: tim arnot on December 16, 2016, 07:12:02 PM
11 has a completely new data format, and it won't be supported until I've added support for it (IYSWIM). Meantime, keep your 10 databases.

I won't know what the problem is with user waypoints until I have a copy of 11 to check.
Good news, it's odd but I gave it another try today and now my user waypoints show up perfectly in XP11. And that's in a plan created with the P3D database because I don't have XP10. Again, odd but great it works now. I only use Plan-G for creating plans and don't need it to be connected to the sim.

pilot4g

x-plane 11 database build tool will not work, x-plane 10 & P3D work ok.
When I start up Plane-G and connect using XPUIPC it kills my frame rate from 30-40 down to 6-7 making xplane unusable. 
Xplane 10 using same setup works fine, not sure if due to beta x-plane 11 build or just going to be not compatible

HeartofDavid

I too am trying to get this to work with XP11.  I just can't get it to connect to X-plane using XPUIPC.  I have it working fine in XP10.  I downloaded the 2.0.0.0 version and tried it and nothing.  Then found a 2.0.4.7 version but that made no difference. 

I use Fs Commander and also use a Kacars program too that works in XP10 but these also don't work with XP11.  They all use XPUIPC to work.  So I'm interested in why some of you seem to have it working in XP11.  I'm using the very latest update for XP11 as well! 

Any ideas?

w9nwrwi

For starters you need to get the latest version of Plan-G.  Link:  http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3550.0
Keep in mind that Tim has to get a copy of XP11 Beta (3) and work with it. So far I am not having any problem at all with the two items together.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

pepelotte

Hello Tim,

i made a donation over 60Euros. I think it is ~50Pounds. So you can buy a licence of XP11 here: http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

My problem ist:
1. XP 11 local
2. Plugin in the folder of xp11
3. on create database i select xp 11 - folder and press create.
4. creation time takes several hours and no success.

now, as you can buy a licence...can you fix it?

regards,
pepe

w9nwrwi

While awaiting Tims work (very nice that you donated) you know you can use the X-plane 10 data for Plan-G  and it will work out pretty good.

Chuck
Computer:
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

Quote from: pepelotte on December 26, 2016, 01:23:02 PM
Hello Tim,

i made a donation over 60Euros. I think it is ~50Pounds. So you can buy a licence of XP11 here: http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

My problem ist:
1. XP 11 local
2. Plugin in the folder of xp11
3. on create database i select xp 11 - folder and press create.
4. creation time takes several hours and no success.

now, as you can buy a licence...can you fix it?

regards,
pepe
Cheers chap :) It's downloading now. Give me a couple of days to clear the decks (got to deliver for a client) and I'll be on it  :13:

Hope you had a good Christmas :)

Tim. @TimArnot

paolozamp

Here are very important infoes about the new structure of NavData in XP11

http://developer.x-plane.com/?article=navdata-in-x-plane-11

tim arnot

This is a very quick test build. It fixes an error that prevented building the X-Plane 11 database from completing.

It does not include any of the new format features. There's no airspace, and a lot of log file "duplicate" warnings are generated. But it should get you a basic database in X-Plane 11.
It's just the .exe file, so back up your build 123 exe and copy this over the top.

Let me know how you get on. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

paolozamp

In XP11 we have 3 (Three) nav_data files...... the first one is in the old place \Resource\default data\ and this is the original the second may be in \Custom Data\ customizable by the user and it's used if the directory is not empty and if earth_awy.dat and earth_fix.dat are present. The third Nav-Data file is located in \Custom Scenery\Global Airports This file is mixed with the other two nav_data files.......... In substance we have \Resource\nav+data + \Custom Scenery\Global Airports\nav-data  ........ or \Custom Data\nav_data+ \Custom Data\ nav_data if the dir Custom Data is not empty..... I believe that Plan-g has to read XP11 nav_data with the same rule....... Some test in XP10 says that if data are not in the correct order they are missed... and this is another little problem....

tim arnot

I am aware. This update just fixed a bug that stopped it reading anything at all. As I said. On the principle that something is better than nothing. But if you prefer to have nothing until the big update is finished, I'll happily take it away....

Tim. @TimArnot

paolozamp

I have write the message upon to help you not to criticize....... I love this pgm and your job is very appreciated by myself....
Sorry for misunderstanding....