News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G and X-Plane 11

Started by pepelotte, December 08, 2016, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fleischmann

Help please!  I have downloaded Plan G but can't get it build a database for X plane 11.  I point desktop/x-plane 11 but the program crashes.
Any ideas?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Jack Fleischmann

HI Tim.  I downloaded and installed the patch but it still wont let me build a data base.  The program crashes immediately.

mikeb1028

(The previous version was hanging when trying to build the database)

This now seems to be working with the "fix" linked to the other forum post (update to version 3.1.4.124).

First, I ran the installer as administrator (I'm on Windows 10 64-bit).  Then, after updating by simply copying the new Plan-G.exe file over to the install directory, I ran Plan-G.exe as administrator.

I entered the path to X-Plane (.exe) which is on my SSD and built the database.  This time I saw progress. 

After about 5-10 minutes, it looks like I'm ready to fly with Plan-G.

Jack Fleischmann

Thanks for the info Mike. I have windows 10 but don't know how to work my way through to run the installer as administrator or where I can find the installer directory.  can you assist?

mikeb1028

Download the software and unzip/uncompress it.  There will be an .exe file.  Right click on that .exe file and then click on "Run as Administrator".  Install.  The manual suggests another folder than the default Program Files (x86) one.  So select just the folder with Program Files.  Let the installer do its thing.

Download the patch and copy the .exe file to the directory where you installed Plan-G (overwrite the old .exe file).

Run Plan-G (the .exe) -- I right clicked on it and ran it as administrator but you may not have to.

In Plan-G, under "File" dropdown menu, go to settings (do not build the database yet.  You have to tell Plan-G where your database/flight sim is located.  There will be multiple flight sims.  Go to X-Plane (assuming that's what you're using since you're here) and browse to your X-Plane directory then highlight the X-Plane.exe file and ok.  That puts the path and filename in the empty box in Plan-G.

Now you'll need to build the database.  Depending on your computer it can take awhile.  If you see some progress in Plan-G's status bar at the bottom, like "Reading apt.dat" or something, it's working.  If you have a lot of scenery, it will take quite a few minutes (or even an hour or more).

rcburse

Hi. I am running xp11 and trying to download the patch as per your instructions. But when I open with run as administrator, the program stops working crashes. I cant get past this step. Please help if you can. Thanks!!!

Edited 4/24/17: At this point I downloaded the latest version of Plan G and built the data base from x-plane 10. All working good with x-plane 10. I will re-try the update patch.
Thanks

Vanadeo

Hi there.. When I export the plan to FMS in the correct folder.. I cant then load it from the GPS in any plane. I get a CTD. Do FMS files work in X-plane 11?.. I may be mistaken but i read somewhere that it has to be FLP for Xp11.. Either way It crashes :(

wmcmahon

Hi there,

I've been using Plan-G for a while in FSX/P3D and just started using it in XP11 with your modified .exe file.  Thanks btw! 

I'm wondering if there is a way to get instrument approaches per airport for this version of PlanG?  I loved using that feature for P3D and FSX, but it seems to be absent from this version for XP11.

Am I missing some navdata or information to import from the simulator?  Thanks for the great product!

dempsey

Plan-G does not support instrument approaches (yet). You can define you own waypoints matching the instrument approach and save that as a snippet for later re-use.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

wmcmahon

Thanks fellow Canadian!

I figured as much and have been doing that in the mean time.

wmcmahon

Hey guys, I made a quick video on how to export a flight plan from Plan-G and import it into XP11.

Hopefully this is an OK post this sort of video, if it's not I'll delete this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=menJVfwD-bA

dempsey

Great video. I am sure there are many others who will say "AHA, that is how it is done."

Thanks
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

ckelly14

Good morning.  Started flying X-plane recently and I'm looking to use Plan-G. 

Do I use the new beta (3.14.129) at the top of the sticky, or the exe from page 2, or both?

I understand that there are no airways Plan-G for X-plane 11.  I have p3dv4 as well.  Is there an advantage to using the p3d data over the X-plane?

Finally,  there are a number of GPS coordinates that I see with my GTN 750 that comes from the GTN 430 folder.  Where does Plan-G obtain the nav data when building the database?

Thanks

Chuck

tim arnot

Use the new beta (build 129).

In general, X-Plane data is more up to date than P3d, unless you have fsAerodata for P3d, which brings the current AIRAC cycle into that sim.

Using data for a different sim typically means that some airports & naviads will be in a slightly different position, and a few may have been renamed, dug up, or built in the intervening time. Otherwise Plan-G is pretty agnostic as far as the actual sim is concerned - deep down it doesn't know and doesn't care.

Airways will come to the X-Plane database, but I don't have a timeframe for the implementation.

Tim. @TimArnot