News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G and fsAerodata Navdatabase

Started by sausalito, December 16, 2016, 11:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sausalito

Hello Tim,
I'm the developer of a new navigation database that updates default FSX/P3D simulator to current AIRAC cycle. My question is on the compatibility with you great product.
After updating database on FSX/P3D and Plan-G, I have following points:
1. The map displays correctly new airways, terminal and enroute waypoints and navaids (except TACANs, VORTAC which are not shown on map). The issue I found is with the visualization of approaches, with some legs not properly displayed. They are displayed correctly on flight sim GPS map though; I could upload some example.
2. For each airport with published approaches, we override default approaches which are obsolete, with updated ones, following FSX SDK. I think that Plan-G take them as new airports instead of assuming they add new data to an existing airport; therefore, airport information displayed is empty.
3. This one is specific Prepar3D and related to STAR and SID procedures. We include these procedures following Prepar3D SDK, but your program probably does not recognize them. Do you think it's feasible to add this functionality?

I could provide an evaluation copy so you could verify these points,
Thanks again for your great product

Regards,
Jose L. Rubio/fsAerodata

kevinfirth

bump.. I'd appreciate if PlanG could show all the data in fsAerodata as well please Tim? Cheers K

TallTanBarbie

Hello...I've also asked Tim about this as well...

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot