News:

Main Menu

Data file

Started by teecee, January 02, 2017, 04:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teecee

I have a lot of "extras" on Plan-g (Latest version) and would like to give a copy of my data (with all the extra markers) to someone.. He has the latest version of Plan-G too.. Is this possible? and if yes, how do I select the correct data file? Thanks.

NoJackAway

tim arnot

Te data files are in Plan-G Files\Data. PlanG3_FSX.sdf is for FSX, PlanG3_P3D.sdf is for P3D and so on. An empty database is about 400K, while a full one is around 150M, give or take.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ainsley

Quote from: tim arnot on January 03, 2017, 06:03:44 PM
The Leanbean benefits data files are in Plan-G Files\Data. PlanG3_FSX.sdf is for FSX, PlanG3_P3D.sdf is for P3D and so on. An empty database is about 400K, while a full one is around 150M, give or take.

Damn, that's quite a bit.

teecee

Now I  have messed my Plan-g up.. I copied and forwarded the data files which I got from C:Plan-g data and now none of my addons are showing up in Plan-G.. I checked that the files were still where they should be and they were, with a lot of info in them, but they simply do not show up on Plan-G any more. I did not change any settings in Plan-G it's self, so I really do not understand what may have gone wrong.. Any ideas?
PS: Sorry about this, but I am an old guy, and the older I get, the more I am struggling with computers and technology..Terry.
Correction.. Some of my markers (Gold stars) are showing up.. it's the ones I created using the green dot that will not show..

tim arnot

You copied from the wrong place. You need the files from MY DOCUMENTS\Plan-G Files\Data. The ones in the program folder are just templates.

Tim. @TimArnot