News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

not reading 3rd party scenery

Started by JimF117, January 27, 2017, 04:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimF117

I have just installed a new hard drive and have been installing all the airports to FSX Gold. Added all the airports that I had with old hard drive. Now Plan-G, v3.1.3 will not read the 3rd party scenery. It is starting in administrator mode. All this scenery loaded before but will not load now. I have gone through the scenery one at a time to try to find out if any of the scenery is stopping Plan-G from reading the rest with out any luck. Can you suggest any advice to get this to work?

tim arnot

Could you attach the log file, and I'll take a look. It's in My Documents\Plan-G Files\Plan-G_Log.txt

Also, please switch to the 3.1.4 beta from the top of this forum, otherwise you'll have problems with maps not showing.

Tim. @TimArnot

JimF117

I have been using Open Cycle Map for my maps, but I will install 3.1.4 as suggested. Attached log file.

JimF117

It will read the Addon Scenery\scenery folder but does not read any of the other folders in the addon scenery folder. Do I need to add each of these folders in the additional scenery locations?

tim arnot

Sounds like you need to set the location for the scenery.cfg in Settings: C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX See also manual page 33.

Tim. @TimArnot

JimF117

Problem solved. I was setting the scenery.cfg file to the Microsoft Flight Simulator x main folder instead of the program data folder. Thank you very much for the help. :)