News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

ILS Feather and Frequency - Plan-G Version 3.1.4.123

Started by dane watson, February 05, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dane watson

I have noticed that at one airport that I fly out of and into a lot one runway feather is not lined up to the center line and also the frequency is not correct.
This does not present a problem though as I simply load the correct frequency and all is OK

Not sure whether this needed to be reported - the airport in question is Victoria International CYYJ Rwy. 27. The correct frequency is 109.95 but Plan-G shows the same frequency as the reciprocal Rwy. 09 which is 108.70

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

dane watson

Greetings Tim,
It is an addon airport

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim, after replying to your question I thought I should do some checking, so here is what I did...

1. I first removed the addon airport CYYJ (2014) bringing CYYJ back to default. Then I rebuilt the Plan-G database but there was no change in results.

2. Then I decided to also remove the ORBX FTX Pacific Northwest Scenery. Then I rebuilt the Plan-G database but there was no change in results.

If there is something else you want to to try I would be happy to do that.

tim arnot

The third possibility is a traffic addon - they often have their own AFCADs.

Tim. @TimArnot

dane watson

How or where would I find the file possibly causing this problem?
Would this file also be the cause for the incorrect frequency?

tim arnot

In whatever folder the traffic prog installs to, look for a file with CYYJ in the name, and possibly "af2", "ap", "ade" or similar to indicate that it's an afcad

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Dane,

I don't know which sim you are using. I am using X-Plane 11 beta 9 with AIRAC 1701.2, and CYYJ's ILS for runway 27 is spot on.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

dane watson

My sim is FSX-SE.
It's not my FSX that's off it's Plan-G. My FSX map and data is all spot on.

w9nwrwi

My ILS feathers are spot on but I agree with the duplicate frequencies of 108.7, as shown on my X-plane map.  For the purposes of XP-11 I will submit a bug report to the Navaids guys at XP.

My Pilot2ATC (ATC & flight planning program) shows the correct freqs. Plan-G (using XP-10 data) shows the duplicate, that will probably clear once the XP data gets corrected. One of my old charts shows the duplicate.

Also something strange with CYYJ, alignment of aircraft on either runway is off on Plan-g, and Pilot2ATC. If I switch to another airport its all good. Ah, problem for another day.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

Penz

The FSX/(P3D) stock CYYJ airport uses 108.70 for ILS from both directions, so any add-on CYYJ airport derived from stock will also do the same unless explicitly instructed to do otherwise. ;)

The offset localizer is also a "feature" of the stock airport, whether it reflects RL or not I don't know:

TIP: A great and absolutely free tool for finding duplicate/rogue add-on airports is Scruffyduck's Simple Airport Scanner: http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

Penz

Don Grovestine has made an awesome CYYJ which has the updated ILS frequency, and also has corrected the localizer position.

It can be downloaded here: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=CYYJ
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

dane watson

Penz, your initial reply was very interesting and provided me with info I was not aware of.

Regarding your second posting - yes, I do use Don Grovestine's CYYJ and also all of his other amazing airport sceneries. I did email this thread to him previously only to get his thoughts. His sceneries are accurate and up to date.

As I had first mentioned in my very first posting - I have no problem using CYYJ even with the Plan-G offset, I was just curious as to why it was like that, and now I understand more fully.

Thanks for your input...

dempsey

Dane,

If you have changed things on the FSX-SE side (adding/removing a custom scenery) then you may want to recreate the Plan-G database. The same is true when you subscribe to Navigraph AIRAC updates.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

dane watson

Quote from: dempsey on February 09, 2017, 01:24:25 AM
Dane,

If you have changed things on the FSX-SE side (adding/removing a custom scenery) then you may want to recreate the Plan-G database. The same is true when you subscribe to Navigraph AIRAC updates.

Thanks dempsey...