News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

P3D v3.4 Database Not Building

Started by sgraypgh, February 28, 2017, 01:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgraypgh

Well I have been using Plan-G for years without issue with FSX. I now have P3D also, but I can't get the database to finish. I have tried the current version and the beta version with the same result. I have completely uninstalled and reboot, again with the same results.

So I started fresh again, but started with building an FSX database. It worked without issue. I then selected to build the P3D and again it failed in the exact same spot. I have attached this latest log for reference. The same error in all my other attempts.

Thanks for any help getting this working with P3D.

tim arnot

There's one or more scenery files that Plan-G doesn't like. There are lots of errors recorded, and since the errors start with this: C:\Users\Scott\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs  I'd recommend temporarily removing it before trying another database build (Plan-G won't incorporate the SIDs anyway). Hopefully that'll cure the issue, but if not it should massively reduce the number of errors being reported, which will help us track down the remaining problem.

BTW, you can still use the FSX database with P3D - all the base data is identical.

Tim. @TimArnot

sgraypgh

Well I unchecked all third party scenery except for Orbx's stuff and rebooted by system and ran the database build tool. Still doesn't finish, so I have attached the log. I hope this indicates what is going on.

As a note, using the FSX database doesn't work, as I don't have all of the scenery installed in FSX.

EDIT:
So I decided to not delete the p3d database and run it again. Different error, but fails at the same point. See second attachment for this log.

tim arnot

It shows an error reading APX18170.bgl in Scenery\0202. Could be worth removing that for another build.
(Looks like it's one of the default airport files, which surprises me - unless it's been modified.)

Tim. @TimArnot

sgraypgh

Haven't touched any of the default airports, but I will go ahead and disable and try again. If it works, I might need to just reinstall the default scenery file. I will let you know how it goes and thanks for the help!!

sgraypgh

Well I disabled 202 and then found 302 with the same error, so disabled it. I don't see any errors, but it fails every time building the airports part of the database. See attached.

tim arnot

It's not a fix, but hopefully this build should provide enough additional debug info to determine the problem.
Please back up your existing Plan-G.exe, then unzip the attached into your Plan-G folder. Run the database build then attach the log.

Tim. @TimArnot

sgraypgh

Here is the log for the test build.

sgraypgh

UPDATE: I reinstalled the P3D scenery.msi and all seems to be working. I still needed to turn off the three folders for fsAerodata to get it to work, but at least it is working.

Aussieman

To build a database in P3D you go to DATA, click on the create navigation database file then when the window opens choose

create P3D database
then click on the settings button
go down to P3D.exe and in the dialog box browse to the folder containing the P3D.exe file (mine is D:\P3D V3) and click on the PeD.exe file. that will place that directory in the dialog box.
Below that in the scenery.cfg dialog window go to C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\P3D V3 and click on the scenery.cfg file.
click ok and that should start the building of your database.