Started by allardjd, April 18, 2017, 12:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allardjd

Here's a headscratcher....

Plan-G Version: 3.1.4.120

Simulator:  FSX-Steam

Airport: KPEO

Waypoint: ZETEX 

Waypoint Location: Approach Plate shows it 3.8 NM south of the threshold of Rwy 01 @ KPEO.  SkyVector shows the location as N42°33.76' W77°2.81' or 42.56266666666667, -77.04683333333333; and it lies north of terminal Waypoint AGFUB, which does display in Plan-G.

Looking at the terminal waypoints (blue triangles) for this airport, one of them doesn't display at all in Plan-G, even though Plan-G seems to know it's there.

This airport has nine associated Terminal Waypoints.  Eight of them display properly as blue triangles in Plan-G but ZETEX does not.  The waypoint is in FSX-SE; ADE sees it and displays it in Approach Mode and the Plan-G Intersection search reports it and when selected, centers up the map at the exact correct location, but shows no blue triangle.

In the grand scheme of things this is small potatoes but thought you might be interested enough to run it down.

John Allard

EDIT:  Never mind - it's designated as an "UNNAMED" waypoint and should be a "NAMED" type.  When I check the box on the map for unnamed intersections, it shows up.  It's obviously an error in the SE airport file to have it in as that type of waypoint and I suspect that the error originated in FSX and propagated to Dovetail from there. 

I hope we learned something - I did.  Am leaving the post up as an example of one of those infamous "Senior Moments".

JDA