News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Windows explorer interface problem?

Started by ph-rk1, April 26, 2017, 10:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph-rk1

As a first time user of Plan-G3 I installed the latest version (V 3.1.4).
The connection with  FS9 went well and I can see my own aircraft on the Plan-g3 map moving.
Then I made my first flight plan. Also no problem.
But when I press the "save as" button to store the flight plan I made, nothing happens. No Explorer-like window to navigate to the map I want to save the plan to and no possibility to give it a name.

Also if I press the "open" button, nothing happens. The same for the "print"button.
So it seams the interface with Windows Explorer doesn't work.
Anybody has any idea what is wrong here?
SW-Specs: Windows 7 Prof 64, AVAST free, FS9 with FSUIPC

Additional info: in the log I found the following error message:
NotificationMessageAction: S: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): The making of a COM-part with CLSID {C0B4E2F3-BA21-4773-8DBA-335EC946EB8B} from the IClassFactory has failed with errorcode: 80040111 ClassFactory cannot deliver (Exeption of HRESULT: 0x80040111 (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE)).
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

tim arnot

It's very odd. I have heard of that happening before, but I have no idea why, or how it got fixed. My best suggestion is to make sure the DotNet library is up to date and/or reapply the most recent patch.
You should at least find a temp file of your flight plan in My Documents\Plan-G Files. It'll go away when you close the program, but until then you can rename it or copy it somewhere else.

Tim. @TimArnot