News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Charts will not launch - Plan-G3 ver, 3.1.4.123

Started by dane watson, May 27, 2017, 10:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dane watson

Charts always used to work, however I must admit I have not used that feature for some time.
Today I tried to view my installed PDF charts through the right click while over an airport in Plan-G but they would not open. At first I thought it was Adobe Acrobat Reader because other PDF documents would not launch. So I uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled again. Still would not launch a PDF or even open Acrobat Reader.

Looked at my Task Manager and saw a number of Adobe Acrobat Reader files supposedly running in the background listed in Background Processes. I deleted them, then ran Acrobat Reader it opened OK and I opened PDF documents then closed them. Looked at the Task Manager again, they were not in the Background Processes.

Then I opened Plan-G and tried to view a Chart, it would not open. Neither could I open Acrobat Reader. Looked at Task Manager again and sure enough it shows up in the Background Processes and that seems to lock Acrobat Reader down.

Somehow Plan-G appears to be causing this - can you help me with this please?

tim arnot

Might be permissions or access rights - if your PDF viewer has different access rights, it might not launch properly.

Tim. @TimArnot

dane watson

Thanks, will check on Wednesday when I am back home