News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Can not get Plan G to track plain in X-Plane 10

Started by NBFlyer, June 19, 2017, 08:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBFlyer

Hi
I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit.
I'm using X-Plane 10 and run XPUIPC and did set the IP in the XPUIPC.ini to the IP of my PC that I get went run cmd and ipconfig.
When I click the "connect" button Plan G makes a sound and the "connect" button becomes gray and the "disconnect" button becomes blue.

But my plane and it's trail still do not appear in Plan G.

I did rebuild the navigation database with success.

What am I doing wrong?  Please assist if you can.

dempsey

If you run X-Plane 10 and Plan-G on the same PC then you can use also IP server address 127.0.0.1. I got a conflict and successfully use 127.0.0.2.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

NBFlyer

Thx Dempsey - I'll try that and let you know if it works.

NBFlyer

Oeps - No - if I use the IP 127.0.0.1 and start up Xplane 10 it give a note that say - see pic attched.

dempsey

That must be something specific with Windows 10. I use Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) and unfortunately cannot help you further.
Dempsey

Birdy.dma

Quote from: NBFlyer on June 20, 2017, 07:24:55 AM
Oeps - No - if I use the IP 127.0.0.1 and start up Xplane 10 it give a note that say - see pic attched.

Read here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3550.150

If you are lucky....

dempsey

Just in case the obvious is the cause of the problem  :)

Check in Plan-G the Options --> FS Connection, it should look like the attached picture.
Dempsey

NBFlyer

Hey Guys

After long battle with the problem, I tried out of curiosity to run Plan G as an administrator on Windows 10, and finally my problem has been solved.

My PlanG is now tracking my plane successfully.

dempsey

There is a reason why I avoid Windows 10 as the plague  ;D
Dempsey

tim arnot

Is your sim running as Administrator? If so, that'll be why. For two programs to communicate, they need to have the same security access (and that's got nothing to do with Windows 10 ;) )

Tim. @TimArnot