News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Custom WMS

Started by WORMSS, June 29, 2017, 10:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORMSS

I read in a topic http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1725.0 from 2012 that Plan-G v3 would have the ability to use custom WMS.
I thought this would be perfect, my company have their own that I could use.
But when I go to options, I see 4 Map Providers and 2 Mapbox subscription maps..
I think I must be silly and looking in the wrong place, but I can't see where I add the address of my WMS.

Could anyone help me please?

tim arnot

The private server option didn't get implemented - sorry.

Tim. @TimArnot

WORMSS

AHHH, that would explain it.

I presume you guys have some deep integrated stuff in the app so it works with the all the Flight Sim data then?
I only ask because we have gotten our software so it just accepts a single URL with which looks to see if it's a 2, 3 or 4 param WMS, I was hoping your Plan G would be kinda the same thing..

No probs.. Keep up the good work.

tim arnot

If you've got a url to which I can add OSM-style /{z}/{x}/{y}.png parameters, then I think we could get something going fairly easily. I can set up a provider that takes a user input base url on that basis. Won't be for a couple of weeks though, but I could get you a test version when it's implemented.

Tim. @TimArnot

WORMSS

That would be great Tim. Thank you very much.

Dont worry, I will test the hell out of it with all the different maps we use at work. If there is a bug somewhere.. (Either our maps, or Plan-G) I will try and find it.. LOL..

Again, Thank you.

- Colin.

tim arnot

Hi Colin, please check your PMs.

Tim. @TimArnot

WORMSS

Hello Tim.. I have sent a reply.. Not sure if it sent or not as there is no indication it has..