News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

v3.1.4.129 - P3Dv4 - Database Creation Fails

Started by codylv7, July 09, 2017, 06:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codylv7

Hello,

I have tried multiple times to get the navigation database to build for P3Dv4, and it gets to runways, then freezes.  I have tried the following:

1. Run as Admin
2. Rebooting
3. Delete the .sdf files
4. Reinstall (and removal of all old Plan-G files)

Nothing seems to work.

Any help is appreciated, log attached
Cody-

Ebo

I experienced the same issue.

With me it stops when creating airways.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

tim arnot

Do you have any addons that replace or add airways? If so, try disabling and see if the database builds. Otherwise, it may be one of your addons that's causing the problem. Build the database with just the stock scenery to verify that builds okay. Then start adding back your sceneries to discover which one fails.

The quickest way of finding a problem scenery is a process called Binary Chop. Add back half the sceneries. If the build fails, you know the problem is in the half you added. If not, it's in the half you didn't. Add half of those and repeat. When the know which scenery causes the error, we can set about figuring out why.

Tim. @TimArnot

Aussie157

I am thinking it is a P3D V4 problem. I have all my addon sceneries outside my flightsims. In fact I have one set of sceneries for my FSX, P3D V3.4 and P3D V4. I find I have no problems creating databases for both FSX and P3D V3.4 but like others have described I can build a V4 database up to creating the airports then it freezes.

tim arnot

I have v4 installed here, with the default scenery and some of the FTX regions. It builds fine.

If you are having problems building P3dv4 databases, please establish that you are able to build the default navdata (because it's the first thing I'm going to ask you to do if you haven't).

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

Thanks for your replies.

I must day, that I get exactly the same error with the previous test version.

The bar shows 100% but gets stuck on building 177... (I cannot remember the exact number) airways.

I remember we had the problem when testing v4 that the Scenery Config Builder did not work either because LM had changed the format of writing the scenery.cfg file.

Not sure whether this got something to do with that.

I am using the full collection of Orbx scenery, which never caused any issues before.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

tim arnot

Orbx doesn't include airways, so that *shouldn't* affect it.

Can you attach the log, so I can see the actual error? It sounds like it's happening at the point of writing the data out to disk. You're not short of space?

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

No, I have got enough disk space left.

Where can I find the logfile?
Eberhard Haberkorn

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

Eberhard Haberkorn

tim arnot

Thanks Ebo.

The error you are getting is System.DllNotFoundException on part of the SqlServerCE components. The most likely cause is a system update that either didn't complete, skipped certain files, or somehow went wrong. You can try reperforming the most recent update, ensuring you have checked any options relating to Sql Server. You can also reinstall the components manually by going to the Microsoft downloads site and installing SqlServerCE 3.5 from there. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=7400

Hope that helps.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

I downloaded and ran the installer.

No issues with the installation.

Started Plan-G and built the database for P3D, pointing to my v4 installation.

Issue is the same.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Ebo

Update.

Uninstalled build 123 and installed 129.

Installed: SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe and SQLServer2014SP2-KB3171021-x64-ENU
Rebooted.

Rebuild database. Same issue.
Eberhard Haberkorn

tim arnot

You need the 32-bit versions - Plan-G is a 32-bit app!

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

Thanks, I will try that. My system is running on 64 bit, hence my downloads ;)
Eberhard Haberkorn