News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

v3.1.4.129 - P3Dv4 - Database Creation Fails

Started by codylv7, July 09, 2017, 06:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebo

To get back to the waiting time for the DB creation.

I started the building process last evening at around 21:00 and when I checked this morning at 8:00 the dialogue was till displaying Creating .... airways.

For some reason the build does not get completed.

I have dowmloaded the sqlserver files for 32 bit and will install it this evening and check again.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

bradimarte

Hi,
I also have the same issue, until I used FSX all was ok, but now width P3Dv4 and with the same scenery of FSX Plan-g is freezing during runway writing.
I have attached my log file.
thank's
Rudy

tim arnot

Quote from: bradimarte on July 14, 2017, 12:37:30 PM
Hi,
I also have the same issue, until I used FSX all was ok, but now width P3Dv4 and with the same scenery of FSX Plan-g is freezing during runway writing.
I have attached my log file.
thank's
Rudy

Your problem is an error with LIRA Ciampino. If this is an addon airport, try disabling it, and build the database again.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

A quick report back.

I downloaded and installed SQLServer2014SP2-KB3171021-x86-ENU.exe

Issues remains the same.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

tim arnot

Okay, try doing a manual install of just that dll. You can find it, along with instructions here: https://dllyes.com/sqlserverspatial110-dll/

Tim. @TimArnot

bradimarte

I have disable LIRA and PortoSantoX (was other error in log file) and now plang finish, but before with FSX I had a 185 Mb of datafile (PlanG3_FSX) now I have only 66.7 Mb (PlanG3_P3D) infact I see very less airports.
Note that I have 1500 scenery with over 12000 lines in scenery.cfg file (I don't know if is a possible problem with the prg)
bye
Rudy

Ebo

Downloaded, installed and rebooted.

Issue still persists.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - again.
Eberhard Haberkorn

rampa

I had problems with the database creation and LIRA Ciampino according to the log.txt, I disabled it and nothing more errors. But this is not a problem with Lira Ciampino, but how it was compiled for the 64bit platform. Littlenavmap had the same problem, but it was resolved in the last most recent version of the program, now it can read all the scenery libraries without problem.

tim arnot

Okay, seems it didn't like that version of the dll. At this point I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: rampa on July 15, 2017, 07:46:59 PM
I had problems with the database creation and LIRA Ciampino according to the log.txt, I disabled it and nothing more errors. But this is not a problem with Lira Ciampino, but how it was compiled for the 64bit platform. Littlenavmap had the same problem, but it was resolved in the last most recent version of the program, now it can read all the scenery libraries without problem.

It's a change to the 64-bit base scenery, if I understand you? If that's the case, I can look into it.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

That is the thing. I remember during testing with LM on v4 we had the issue that Scenery Config Editor did not work correctly and would not read the scenery.cfg correctly. We found that that file uses a different encoding. I am not sure whether has to anything with this issue.

I was also told that scenery not specifically compiled for v4 will work but put a lot of strain on the system. For that reason the devs of scenery have to compile their scenery for a 64 bit system.

I do not have much knowledge about scenery creation so I cannot tell whether this is true.
Eberhard Haberkorn

altack

Hi Tim, Hi Guys,

I'm stuck with the very same problem.
The database creation hangs with airports !
I run PlanG as an administrator, deleted all previous SDF files and rebooted, alas to no avail !
Any help would be appreciated,
TIA

Francois
PS: my logfile is attached, hope it will help

tim arnot

Error writing airport: 10ME Heron's Nest Floatbase

Temporarily disable that airport, and it should build. If it's freeware, please provide a link to it and I'll see if I can find what the problem is.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ebo

I also got heron's nest installed.

Let me try disabling this one and see what happens.

We might have found a common denominator.
Eberhard Haberkorn

altack

That did the trick !
I disabled the Bill Womack's Heron Nest P3Dv4 freeware scenery and proceeded with the database creation : without any problem this time  :)
I re-enabled the scenery afterward...
Thanks Tim for your (quick) support
Francois
PS: I guess you may contact Bill through his website: https://iblueyonder.com/contact-us/