News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Crash v3.1.4

Started by wim1976, July 13, 2017, 09:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wim1976

I got a crash with Plan-G under the following conditions:

- clicking on Find Airport symbol
- right-clicking on airport symbols on the map (clicking on VOR's and NDB or other places on the map are no problem)

At first use I did not get any problems, but the second day I got this problem. I decided to rebuild the internal database (X-Plane 11). After finishing this (long) job I got no crash and could plan a flight. But after closing Plan-G and restarting it again it crashes again under the mentioned conditions.

I also had this problem with earlier versions, but until now I did not have the time to analyze and report the problem.

Ebo

You mentioned that it was a long process to build the database.

Did it stop at Building .... airways and was it showing a full green bar?

If yes, how long did you wait? How long took it for the process to complete?

Just curious.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

wim1976

No, It took about 20 minutes, but the creating the database did not end with an error.

Maybe I have a clue (it still is a wild guess) for the cause of the problem. I use Windows 10 and My Documents is saved on my One-Drive account. I think that after I shut down Plan-G the data of the database got corrupted.

Ebo

Strangely I did not get an error. The program was just sitting there. Not sure whether things were still being updated in the background or not.
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

tim arnot

Quote from: wim1976 on July 13, 2017, 10:05:07 AM
No, It took about 20 minutes, but the creating the database did not end with an error.

Maybe I have a clue (it still is a wild guess) for the cause of the problem. I use Windows 10 and My Documents is saved on my One-Drive account. I think that after I shut down Plan-G the data of the database got corrupted.

Could be the problem, maybe?

Tim. @TimArnot

wim1976

Is it possible to place the Plan G files outside the My Documents folder, because this folder is linked to OneDrive? Unfortunately I see no possibility to prevent saving maps within My Documents to OneDrive.

tim arnot

You can create a virtual folder for Plan-G Files on another drive (just like "My Documents" is a virtual folder). Here's how: https://superuser.com/questions/373315/windows-7-virtual-folders

Tim. @TimArnot

wim1976

I created the virtual link as follows:

mklink "C:\Users\wimva\OneDrive\Documenten\Plan-G Files" "E:\X-Plane\Plan-G Files"

Now Plan-G crashes at startup.