Plan G 3.1.4 not building P3D 3.5 database - Looks for P3Dv4 scenery.

Started by Barrybaldy, August 16, 2017, 01:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrybaldy

I am trying to build a P3D database in PlanG 3.1.4 but it won't build the database, PlanG just breezes through the process without building then outputs:

Directory error: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\1104\Scenery'.
09:16:16.2 Scanning folder 094: Scenery\1103

for every scenery folder.

Its a default install with ORBX global installed. All of the setting point to the P3Dv3 locations of both the executable and the scenery.cfg, is there a way to stop PlanG from looking for the P3Dv4 files?

tim arnot

In the Build Options dialog (or Options->Locations), change the P3D scenery config locator to point to the v4 scenery.cfg. Currently it points to v3.

Tim. @TimArnot

ALZ150

Good afternoon, after a certain time, I have gone back down and reinstalled the last Plan G. I install it without problems, but when creating the database I have problems. In particular, in adjustes I indicate the program where the P3D is installed (Disk D, lockheed martin and P3d v4) Then I show the path for the scenarios (C: \ ProgramData \ lockheed martin \ P3dv4). Next I tell you to create a database for P3D and start doing it without problems until it reaches a phase that puts "preparing database for new data" and there goes from time to time (more than 45 - 60 minutes) and not does nothing.
Any solution?
The other problem (it was what made me uninstall it last time) when I start to fly, I give it to connect, apparently it connects but in a few seconds it goes back offline.
Thank you for the help that I will soon receive

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

1. Please use the current build (3.2.0.142) from here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3550.msg17205#msg17205

2. Plan-G will build the database for the latest installed version of P3D (e.g. v4). If you want to build for an earlier installed version, you will need to explicitly set the scenery.config location for that version in the Build Options.

3. PG3.2 has specific P3D version of Simconnect, which is much more stable. But you do need to put a valid Simconnect.cfg file into your Plan-G program folder.

Tim. @TimArnot

ALZ150

Thank you Tim
All problems solved; to those referred to the creation of database, as the connection to the simulator
Thanks

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot