News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan G does not connect to P3D4

Started by Bruceb, August 16, 2017, 03:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruceb

Plan-G refuses to connect to my install of P3D4 properly.  I click connect and there is a muffled ding ding and the connect button briefly lights up but quickly reverts to the not connected state.  This is after a new install of the 3.1.4.129.  I had understood that this version works with P3Dv4 but possibly not.  Connects fine with little navmap and aivlasoft EFB but not Plan-G. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you. At the end of the log file is the following:

13:07:30.0 Initiating SimConnect connection.
13:07:30.0 Connect
13:07:30.0 SimConnect.Connect - Remote. Mode = IPv4 Server = localhost Port = 0
13:07:35.0 SimConnect connection attempt timed out
13:07:35.0 Disconnect
13:07:36.0 Disconnected from sim
13:07:51.8 Cleanup

Hope this helps.

Bruceb

kodiepilot

I am have the same problem.

3.1.4.129 and P3D v4.

Thank You.

Bill

tim arnot

Simconnect is in the process of being rewritten using the P3D managed libraries, which should be more reliable. But it's a big task and is taking some time.

Tim. @TimArnot

kodiepilot

Tim,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully that solves the problem. It's just good to know that there's nothing I've done to cause it. It is Beta. These things are to be expected.

Thanks Again.

Bill

tim arnot

In the meantime, you can connect with the most recent FSUIPC.

Tim. @TimArnot

kodiepilot

Tim,

Thanks for the reminder. FSUIPC worked fine. Personally I would rather use FSUIPC over Simconnect.

Bill

Bruceb

Quote from: tim arnot on August 21, 2017, 08:45:59 AM
In the meantime, you can connect with the most recent FSUIPC.

How do you connect using FSUIPC ?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Edit:  OK I have figured this out.

BernieS

I have bought & registered the latest version of FSUIPC, checked that it appears in P3D V4, told PG to connect using FSUIPC, clicked the connect button, but nothing happens.

Can somebody please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

jgfaria

Hi,

I Have the same problem on P4Dv4!  :(

tim arnot

Please try build 137 - there is a new "Simconnect (P3D)" connection option. Please note though that it does require a copy of your simconnect.cfg file to be placed in the Plan-G program folder.

Tim. @TimArnot

AlfredN

Quote from: tim arnot on September 27, 2017, 12:12:37 PM
Please give Zotrim a shot and try build 137 - there is a new "Simconnect (P3D)" connection option. Please note though that it does require a copy of your simconnect.cfg file to be placed in the Plan-G program folder.

How do you get build 137?

tim arnot

That is old information. The current build is 144, on the main site download link.

Tim. @TimArnot