News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Missing Addon Airport Scenery

Started by dane watson, September 04, 2017, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dane watson

Not sure why this is happening but I added two new addon airports sceneries and both do not get picked up in Plan-G when I do a new Build Navigation Database.
However Little NavMap does pick up these two new sceneries.

I am attaching two print screens for only the one new addon - US Cities X Niagara/Buffalo by Aerosoft.
The other problem addon is also from Aerosoft - Lukla X-Mount Everest. I have not included print screens for this one.

tim arnot

Please attach the log file, thanks. Also, please confirm that neither airport appears in the Find Airports list (it may simply not show if you have helipads disabled, for instance)

Tim. @TimArnot

dane watson

I have attached the log file file.

Yes I can confirm that the airports do not show up in the find airports list and yes I do have helipads checked.
Also I should let you know that I even uninstalled Plan-G and then reinstalled again as I thought that maybe the file was corrupt but that did not make a difference.

tim arnot

Do you have a side-by-side install of FSX and FSX-Steam? If so, you'll need to tell Plan-G that the scenery.cfg file is in

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Then it'll pick up your additional sceneries. Right now, it's just seeing a default config.

Tim. @TimArnot

dane watson

No Tim, I only have one sim in my system - FSX-SE. I have had this for a number of years and also had Plan-G  for a few years as well.

tim arnot

Hmm. Somehow it's not picking up the right scenery.cfg . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

dane watson

Tim - I found the problem. It was the directory for the Scenery.cfg file location.
I went into Little NavMap to find where it automatically added in the scenery loacation and immediately noticed that I had manually put in the wrong location in Plan-G - see attached three print screens - 1. Little NavMap, 2. Plang-G wrong location, 3. Plan-G correct location.

Now what I do not understand is why there are two different locations for the FSX Scenery.cfg file??? Obviously I would not have created a secondary one!!!

But the bottom line is the problem is solved and I am now also getting other airport sceneries that never showed up before.
Sorry for the issues or concern I may have caused you

Regards,
Dane

Dieter

QuoteNow what I do not understand is why there are two different locations for the FSX Scenery.cfg file???
These once are created automatically during installation.
Import to know is the path of the active scenery.cfg
=> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\scenery.cfg

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot