News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Version 3.2 for me was a disaster at first, Problem solved

Started by bobsk8, October 09, 2017, 09:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobsk8

I love Plan G and use it on every flight. I decided to upgrade to the latest version, 3.2 today. I read that I would still retain 3.1, but that is not what I saw after installing 3.2. It seemed that 3.1 was overwritten by installing 3.2 into my P3D version 3.4 . I tried 3 separate times to build the P3D database, after specifying where the P3D exe and scenery files were located. Both times after a great deal of time, the database build failed. Also opening the program took a long time, versus 3.1 when it would just open almost instantly. When I tried rebuilding teh database, the program kept stalling with a not responding indication in task manager. I downloaded a new copy, and tried again. Same exact result. Luckily I have a backup of my entire hard drive image, so I just copied my perfectly working  version 3.1, the entire folder, and pasted it in the proper place on my hard drive. and now I am back to normal. ( A sigh  of relief.)

In addition, when I open plan G 3.20 144  A message pops up saying there is a new version 3.2.0.244. and go to the Plan G website to download it. I can't find that 3.2.244 version anywhere on your website. Is this entire 3.2 a beta?  Anyway, I think I will be just staying with version 3.1, which works perfectly.

skmcconnell361

tim arnot

The database format hasn't changed, so your old 3.1 database will still work fine in 3.2 - no need to rebuild, except to use new features, or for P3Dv4 features. And yes, if you want to keep 3.1 in parallel you need to install to a different folder, maybe that needs to be made clearer.

If you still have the log file, I'll be able to help sort out what the build problem was. (the log file is in My Documents\Plan-G Files). If you've deleted it all, there's not much  I can suggest. Just checking: you're using P3Dv3, not v4?

The 244 was a typo on the server - should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

skmcconnell361

here is the log file as requested.
also note have Xplane-11, P3DV4, FSX-SE and FSW

tim arnot

Thanks. Was the only issue you had the "244" build one? - the typo on the server has been fixed, so it shouldn't report that now.

Tim. @TimArnot

skmcconnell361

yes the build # was the only issue, and it is working now

bobsk8

I finally solved the problem. I decided since I haven't read anyone else having problems, that something must be happening to the new version file I had when I downloaded it. I tried two downloads with same bad results. I finally decided to turn off my Antivirus, WebRoot, which I have used for years and never had an issue before. I then downloaded 3.2, installed it, and it opened immediately. Imported the P3D database whichwas quick and with no problems, and it is working perfectly now.  ;D ;D

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot