News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

xp11 database fail at airways. Ver 3.2.0.144

Started by w9nwrwi, October 13, 2017, 01:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9nwrwi

Tim,
Having database build trouble with 3.2.0.144. XP11 database does well unitl it reaches the Airways portion of the build, then the progress window completly disappears. Looks like problem at 18:57:51.3;

18:57:49.7 Connection string: metadata=res://*/Data.FSData.csdl|res://*/Data.FSData.ssdl|res://*/Data.FSData.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5;provider connection string='Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Data\PlanG3_XPX.sdf'
18:57:51.3 WriteAirwaysData: System.Data.UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues)
   at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter)
   at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache)
   at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options)
   at Plan_G3.Data.FSData.WriteAirwaysData(List`1 data)
18:57:51.3 Build-DB cleanup lambda

Help appreciated, Log.txt attached

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

Hi Chuck,
You're also getting insufficient disk space errors - that may be more significant (more likely to be where your temp files are stored than your data drive, but please check). This error has happened to a couple of people, and we haven't been able to resolve it. The error itself is spurious, since Max Database Size is set well above what's needed. So far the only workaround is to temporarily hide the earth_awy.dat file so it doesn't get included.

I posted my fully built database (cycle 1710) here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3550.msg18264#msg18264

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

Quote from: tim arnot on October 13, 2017, 09:14:57 AM
Hi Chuck,
You're also getting insufficient disk space errors - that may be more significant (more likely to be where your temp files are stored than your data drive, but please check). This error has happened to a couple of people, and we haven't been able to resolve it.

As I mentioned in the other thread. I suspected that the "Insufficient space" error may be due to lack of rights to the TEMP folders.

To avoid that I ran the program with elevation (administrator privileges) but the error still appears.

What is the "max database size" set to?

Everything I've seen in this issue from Microsoft points to an improper calling/creation string.

However in my case it consistently fails when the database grows to 274 megabytes.

In the other version you released to test, that does not generate fixes, the database size stayed well below this and succeeded. Unfortunately that version does not show airports once generated.

tim arnot

Max Database Size is set to 2000 Megabytes.

Where is your Plan-G Files folder? That's the only variable in the database connection string that depends on the user's machine. (and this problem only happens on a few PCs, so it has to be something machine-dependent)

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

My folders are in

F:\Users\opjose\Documents\Plan-G Files

The program is installed to

E:\Program Files (x86)\Plan-G v3.2.0

If it were related to file locations as you say, then the version that omits the Navaids should have not succeeded going by the same reasoning.

That version works, but fails to show the airports. Also it fails during the Navaids generation on the other .14x builds and I can watch the database file grow while it starts this.

Strangely I can use the generated database from that Navaid-less version with an older version Plane-G program and then I can see the airports.

3.2.0.144 does build the database @ 213KB in size (below the 270 or so that triggered the fault for me before). However I'm back to the "no airports", NO VORS, NO NDB's etc. problem with .144.

I also have 3.1.3.113 installed on another folder. If I let the database build with 3.2.0.144, I can then use 3.1.3.113 properly with the newly built dataset.  All of the airports, VORs, NDBs, etc. appear on the map.

tim arnot

The databases are all forward and backwards compatible, so they should work fine with earlier or later versions.
Curious to know how many waypoints your build is attempting to write (the number will be in the log file) - my database with all the intersections and airways is 219MB, nowhere near the 270 you seem to be getting.

Actually, attach the whole log file - it'll help me see what's happening.

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

Log attached.

This has the .144 build attempt which worked but does not show the airports.

I was getting 270 with the versions prior to the test one you posted without the intersections(?).

tim arnot

You have X-Plane set as the active database? (Unfortunately that's something that doesn't get logged - I must change that!) There are no errors logged, and if the data doesn't show, it suggests that database isn't active.

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

OK, I'm beating myself with a stick!

That was it! I missed that setting was off by default on the newer builds.

.144 is working properly now.  I was able to generate the database with .144. I see the intersections too.

The only minor thing I have is the redraw of the airports when zooming out.

If I am at zoom level 8 and change to zoom level 7 or 6, only an airport or two appears.

It would be nice to cull the number or types of airports that automatically appear/redraw at lower numbered zoom levels.

tim arnot

:13:

You can change the zoom visibility settings from the Marker Options popups on the Map ribbon. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

opjose

Consider turning off all but major airports at zoom levels less than 7.

When I switch from 6 to 7 only a trio of major airports may appear no matter the setting, until I zoom back in.

When I zoom further out no airports appear until I'm back to zoom level 8.

Is this because the program is trying to work through the database and can't produce results before the display is updated?

Thanks!

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

jockwilk

I just can not get the Nav Database to run for more than 2 seconds with the latest version of Plan-G.
The settings are all correct, so it's not that which is to blame.
I have no airports showing at any zoom level.
What shall I do, please?
Jock

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

jockwilk

Thanks for the reply, Tim.

I've got as far as compressing the log file but I just can't find a way to send it to you.
I know I'm a twit, but I AM 88!

Perhaps you can help?

Jock