News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G v3.2.0.144 won't create FSX database

Started by airernie, October 25, 2017, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airernie

Haven't had Plan-G on my computer for a while, so I installed the latest version.  Tried creating the FSX database on the same computer where FSX is and it only reads a couple entries, creates db info for them, then quits.

I have FS9 on a second computer and the Plan-G appears to write the db there without issue.

Have attached the scenery.cfg file and the db that was created.  Added suffix of .profile since allowed file types don't include .sdf and .cfg.

BTW, if I enable the fsAeroData entries, then Plan-G does read and add those into the db, but those are the only scenery areas that Plan-G will process.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ebo

I do not want to hijack this thread, but I have exactly the same error, but in P3D41.

The building process hangs again on creating airways.

Hope this fault can be sorted, as I love using Plan-G and its features.
Eberhard
Eberhard Haberkorn

Intel ® Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz | Intel Mobo - DZ77BH-55K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX660 (2GB) | 8Gb DDR3 1600 | Win10 Pro x64 | P3D v4

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

airernie

I'l get you one in a few days.   I installed two older FSDreamTeam airports since my original message and it does appear to be working now.   

Although it now works, including the fsAerodata folders gives me inconsistent results.  In other works;  Things I expect to increase such as Airspace Boundaries, VORs, NDBs, Intersections, Airways, etc. do so, but things like Aprons and Taxiways decrease.

Perhaps that's okay.. I just want to run a few more tests.

Thanks,
Ernie

FlyingAxx

I've just installed the new version (3.2.0.144) without having problems building the DB at all (I'm still using FSXA with 300+ enhanced airports and some missing - most of them I did myself).
Regards,
Axel

airernie

Okay.. It looks like it might have been an issue with the scenery.cfg. 

After letting SceneryConfigEditor reset area and layer numbers and reorder the file the problem seems to have been resolved.

Will let you know if anything changes..

Ernie