News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

V3.2.0 does not load database [Solved]

Started by jank1, November 16, 2017, 04:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jank1

The loadingprosess stops with the error message Could not load file or assembly 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll' or one of its dependencies.  er ikke et gyldig Win32-program. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

Using win10 64, P3d v2.5.
If I load the database from an older version, the program starts, but does not display any information on the map when i run 3.2.0.   

This is from the logfile.
17.18.34.8 AirportsInBounds 0
17.18.34.8 AirspaceInBounds: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll' or one of its dependencies.  er ikke et gyldig Win32-program. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
Filnavn: LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll
   ved System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   ved System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   ved System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   ved System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataAssemblyHelper.SafeLoadReferencedAssembly(AssemblyName assemblyName)
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataAssemblyHelper.<GetNonSystemReferencedAssemblies>d__8.MoveNext()
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.DefaultAssemblyResolver.GetAllDiscoverableAssemblies()
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.DefaultAssemblyResolver.GetWildcardAssemblies()
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource.LoadResources(String assemblyName, String resourceName, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource..ctor(String originalPath, String assemblyName, String resourceName, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource.CreateResourceLoader(String path, ExtensionCheck extensionCheck, String validExtension, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoader.Create(String path, ExtensionCheck extensionCheck, String validExtension, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   ved System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataCache.SplitPaths(String paths)
   ved System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Evaluate>b__0()
   ved System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.Result.GetValue()
   ved System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.Evaluate(TArg arg)
   ved System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetMetadataWorkspace(Boolean initializeAllCollections)
   ved System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.RetrieveMetadataWorkspaceFromConnection()
   ved System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext..ctor(EntityConnection connection, Boolean isConnectionConstructor)
   ved Plan_G3.Data.FSData.get_NavContext()
   ved Plan_G3.Data.FSData.AirspaceInBounds(Double n, Double s, Double e, Double w)

tim arnot

That is most likely your version of DotNet is out of date.

Please go to http://www.microsoft.com/Net/Download.aspx  and reinstall it. The version you need is 4.6.2

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

This is my version of .net.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\1044]
"CBS"=dword:00000001
"Install"=dword:00000001
"Release"=dword:000707fe
"Servicing"=dword:00000000
"TargetVersion"="4.0.0"
"Version"="4.7.02046"

Do I need to install 4.6.2 too? Is it possible to have multiple versions of .net?

tim arnot

Yes. With DotNet, you always need the specific version(s).

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

Houston, I have a problem.

From the .net homepage.
Because the 4.x versions of the .NET Framework are in-place updates, you cannot install an earlier version of the .NET Framework 4.x on a system that already has a later version installed. For example, on a system with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you cannot install the .NET Framework 4.6.2, since the .NET Framework 4.7.1 is preinstalled with the operating system.

What now, I can not find any place to remove the 4.7.1 version. It does not show on thee listing of installed programs. Do I have a catch 22.

tim arnot

That may not be a problem, as further reading suggests the update installs 4.6 as well as 4.7. It may still not be installed correctly - it's not uncommon for DotNet updates to screw up, in which case you can normally fix it by rerunning the patches from Windows Update.

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

For 2 days I have searched the net for a solution to install 4.6.2, but found nothing. Anybody here who can help me.
In one forum one said that 7.1 is crap, and that Microsoft agreed tho that. And that Microsoft probably could withdraw the version. 

Had an interesting conversation with Microsoft Support (in India) today.

-Micrrosoft Support what can I help you with
-I am not able to install .NET on my computer
-Dot net ........ Dot net is not a Microsoft product.
-What du you say
-I put you to another department
Music
-Hellow, Wich country do you call from
-Norway
-Whay do you call for help
-We do not do tecnicale help here
-What
-Wich country do you call from
-Norway
-Whay do you call for help
-Are you shore
(Click)

Tried anather time later, the same happend.

tim arnot

I could make 4.7 the required version - might be sensible if this kind of thing is going to happen a lot.

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

Tim, take a look at line 42 in the logfile.
What is the reason for this message and the same for other section of the startprosess. I run Windows 10 64bits.

About the .NET problem. When I installed the newest version of EditVoicePack, the installerprogram first run a temporary???? install of .NET 4.6.2 and then installed Editvoicepack.
Is that a solution for you also to make the loadprosess run OK?

tim arnot

That sounds like a potential solution. Let me know if it works.

Tim. @TimArnot

jank1

Maybe You misunderstood What I tried  to say. The solution is somthing like this:
tap the 'Load database button'
Check if .NET 4.6.2 is available
if not install 4.6.2 temporary
Load the database
Remove 4.6.2

Why not contact the creator og Editvoicpack how he did it in his installerprogram.

jank1

Version 3.2 is up and running.
Yesterday somthing struck my mind, 32 vs 64 bit version.
I replaced your version of LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll to the version from P3D v2.5 SDK.
The loadingprocess worked OK.
A little bit copying between the Documents\PlanG Files and the Documents\Plan-G Files 3-2 and the program works OK.
Sorry Microsoft, .NET was not the problem this time.

tim arnot

Interesting, the simconnect dll is supposed to be a fat binary (ie both 32 & 64 bits), and older versions of P3D are supposed to work with newer versions of Simconnect (at least, Simconnect is supposed to fall back for compatibility with older versions, or so I understood).

It seems that may not entirely be the case.

Thanks for the update, & glad you finally have it working. We live and learn...

Tim. @TimArnot