News:

Main Menu

New Plan G does not load the database

Started by Kurt2404, November 22, 2017, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt2404

Hi Tim,

I am running FSX successfully since a lot of time but I have troubles with the Installation of the actual Plan G 3.2.0.144;

I start with tícking on "Generate FSX data base", start the options window and fill in the pathes for the FSX programe and the scenery.cfg. Then I close the oprions Windows with OK and start the data base generation. At first it works fine but only until the 71429 air ways are written. Obviousely the System seem to hang because the line "Under Progress, please wait" stays for hours without progress.

Any idea to solve this? And yes, the installed MS.NET version is 4.7.1...
Thanks in advance for your help!

Here is the log:
Kind regards
Kurt

Kurt2404

Unfortunately no help  ???

Anyway I add the today´s complete log.txt and the content of the window. Maybe this may help!

Kind regards
Kurt

Kurt2404

Still no reply  :-[

My last attempt now!

During  the creation of the FSX database the following failure occurs: The type initializer for "ExtentPlaceholderCreator" has caused an exception. See log file for more details

Plan G cannot be used!

Please, has anyone also such a problem and/or knows how to solve this? Any support is highly apreciated!
Kind regards
Kurt

tim arnot

Hi Kurt,

Sorry for the delay, I've been working double shifts this week, and just didn't manage to get online.
This appears to be the problem: Die DLL "SqlServerSpatial110.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

That's part of the SQLServer CE distribution, so it suggests something has gone wrong with that. You can reinstall it from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5783

Tim. @TimArnot

Kurt2404

Dear Tim,

thank you for the explanation! I will try the installation today in the evening and will report about the result!
Kind regards
Kurt

Kurt2404

Dear Tim,

sorry to say but also after installation of Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 no joy at all. Same problem as before  :-[

Kind regards
Kurt

tim arnot

Ok, can you search and check that SqlServerSpatial110.dll is actually present on your machine?

Tim. @TimArnot

Kurt2404

Dear Tim,

there are two SqlServerSpatial110.dll present on my PC on the following paths:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\LocalDB\Binn
and
C:\Windows\System32

I hope this helps!
Kind regards
Kurt

tim arnot

It doesn't really help, cos that's correct. I was kinda hoping one was missing . . .

I'll see if I can find any other possibilities.

Tim. @TimArnot

Kurt2404

Hi Tim,

I see that you are quite busy (double shifts etc.) and I won't kill your precious time. Can you recommend a previous version of Plan-G which I can use in the meantime until a solution occurs for the actual SQL-Problems?
Kind regards
Kurt

tim arnot

This is 3.1.4 from back in the Summer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rok7fp8cuu6p6cm/Setup_Plan-G_3.1.4.129.zip?dl=0

Thing is, the sql code & libraries haven't changed in forever, & I really have no idea why it should stop working for some people. Be interesting to see if the old build works.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

I wondering if it is a Windows 10 issue, as I never had a problem with my Windows 7 Pro 64bit system.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

Kurt2404

Dear Tim,

thanks for the link, I will give it a try tomorrow...

@ Dempsey: Nice try but the operating system is Windows 64 bit  ;)
Kind regards
Kurt

Kurt2404

Dear Tim,

sorry but also the version 3.1.4.129 does not work as excpected.

Maybe this line is helpful (I am not an a SQL programmer but I just see that a dll called "dll" wasn't found):

12:08:32.2 Route: System.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "ExtentPlaceholderCreator" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Die DLL "dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
Kind regards
Kurt

opjose

Quote from: dempsey on December 01, 2017, 10:06:45 PM
I wondering if it is a Windows 10 issue, as I never had a problem with my Windows 7 Pro 64bit system.

Nope, it happens in Win 8, 8.1, Win7, Win10, etc.